Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone still mailing out Christmas cards?

For the first time in years I'm sending out cards this year to a lot of people.  Usually I just send to people that live far away or I know I won't see.  However, this  year was so hard for so many and I haven't seen any of my family, co-workers, friends except my DD, since March, that I wanted to send cards out.  Maybe the card will cheer someone up or put a smile on someone's face. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

One fun thing several of us do is to include some Lottery scratch off tickets in the Christmas Card....  One I got from a friend turned into a $30 winning ticket Woman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

I mailed out 7 yesterday and have 2 more to send out

Esteemed Contributor

@NVmimi wrote:

Just an FYI for those not aware, Hallmark cards are available at Dollar Tree for a buck each. Some of them are only 50 cents. They are the exact same Hallmark cards sold everywhere!

I worked a few months part time for Hallmark. The cards are the same but older. If you put them side by side you can see the ones to Dollar Tree are faded but if you have nothing to compare them with, they look perfect. 

Respected Contributor

I've cut way back and it will be even less this year.  I quit buying the expensive boxed cards from Hallmark, even those $5 and up single cards from card stores.  I get mine from the Dollar Tree.  I always send cards to my Mom, sister, in laws and closest friends and will continue to do that but that's probably about it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am still sending them this year and have them ready to go.  I usually mail them on the 10th, but first class mail has been so weird (aka slow) lately that I'll probably mail them on the 7th or so instead.

I cut a few people off the list this year.  I always said that I would do Christmas cards forever.  I'm kind of rethinking that, but at least for this year, I'm sending them out. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I always send out a handful, mainly to friends and family who I haven't seen for a while.  I always add a nice note.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I absolutely send Christmas cards and will continue to do so until I physically cannot do it, or my address book is empty.   Expense is not a concern; stamps could be $1.00 apiece and I would still send cards.  

My 73 cards with handwritten notes are ready to go in the box tomorrow.   There are 4 cards to friends under 40, 13 cards for family and friends 40-65, and 56 cards for family and friends 69-90.   More than 50 of these people don't have computers or cell phones, quite a few don't drive, and the majority are out of state.   

I love cards from Current because their paper is great for writing, and they have white envelopes.   I only use black ink making it easier for older eyes to see and read, and also use colorful holiday stickers.

My people are actually waiting for my card to arrive this week.   They know I care; it shows, they feel it, and that makes me feel good.   

Esteemed Contributor

Yes - I'm still sending cards, but not as many as in years past.  I have also been receiving fewer cards each year.  Last year there were five people that did not send, to me, so I have crossed them off my list.  People have to do what they are comfortable with, but for now I will continue to send cards.

Honored Contributor

Did up a small list today and got extra stamps and I think it's a great idea for this time of year.