Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone still mailing out Christmas cards?

No. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I always send cards to the people that I will not see over the Holidays.  This year so many people are isolated (me included) I feel it is more important than ever to send them.  I always add a personal note.  

I use the cards I receive as part of my Christmas decor.

Respected Contributor

I will not go into a store and look at single cards that who knows who touched. I decided   to buy boxed cards. I was on the internet looking around for reasonably priced really nice cards. I came across a site called fuzzy wuzzy designs. A box of 10 cards is $24. The cards are well worth it. The owner of this small company has an incredible story. 

Valued Contributor

I try every year to cut back and it always seems that the people I take off my list are the first ones to send me a card. I have some arthritis in my thumb joint and it gets painful to write and address cards. I always write a note in the cardbecause I don't like getting cards without a little message. I usually send around forty cards so I'd better get started since I can only write a few each day.

Respected Contributor

Only to our friends in England.  

Honored Contributor

Yes, we are still sending out Christmas cards. We don’t send out as many as we used to. We also receive fewer and fewer each year. 

Honored Contributor

I mail one to my father, out of a sense of duty.  That's the extent of it, except that I also purchase a card for the husband.

Trusted Contributor

We still send photo cards to keep up with friends and family.  We write a message on each card.  I think that we probably send about 40 cards.

Each year I am reminded about my MIL saying, " I don't know what is going on with my friends and family anymore. "  When I asked if she sent out cards to THEM anymore, she would say, " Of course not! " Even in this age of texting and emails, I still enjoy sending and receiving cards.

Honored Contributor

Yes. I love sending Christmas cards, and receiving them.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

We do not live near any of our extended family (don't have much anyway). I send a photo card to family members and very few friends each year -- probably 10-12 cards total. What I think is a waste of money is giving cards to immediate family members. I would never buy a card to give to my husband or kids at home, for example, unless I had no actual gift/package to present when we open presents (gifting something intangible).