Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone still mailing out Christmas cards?

No, haven't sent cards in at last 10 years.  I'd rather call or email.  I've gotten a LOT of cards from charities looking for a donation.  Hopefully, next year one of the local organizations will be accepting these cards.  They aren't this year.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NVmimi wrote:

Just an FYI for those not aware, Hallmark cards are available at Dollar Tree for a buck each. Some of them are only 50 cents. They are the exact same Hallmark cards sold everywhere!

Thank you!

Man plans. God laughs.
Esteemed Contributor

Agree OP - that's why I stopped sending cards.  Cost of postage just to be dumped in the trash.  Not a guilty bone in my body about my decision. 

E-Mail or call your loved ones - we didn't have that available back in the 40's - 50's  and even the sixties.

Esteemed Contributor

This year, just my immediate family.  It's getting to be a chore as I get older.  I will send if I receive, but I won't start it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@caroln242 

I mailed out 22 cards the day before Thanksgiving!!!  I like to write a personal meaningful note in my cards and let them know I appreciate them....

9 adorable (and funny!) cat Christmas cards to send your cat loving pals |  HelloGiggles

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

I do.  The list is dwindling over the years. I have a couple of people to whom I will send a card every week on the lead up to Christmas.

Honored Contributor

Every year they started dwindling so nope not sending any out this Christmas and all our family/ friends have been told..  LOL ...  

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

Yes, I still send out a few. Probably 10 or so this year. 

Esteemed Contributor

Maybe.

The family photo taken at the beginning of October came out Meh. Everyone looked OK except for me, so obviously that's a No Go. We are having our Christmas early this year, so we will try again to get a good photo. If we are successful I will have them printed and sent right out or maybe just post on my social media page. If not I will send out just a few cards to elderly relatives and a few friends.

Respected Contributor

Only to those who guilt me by sending a card first.