Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone start their Christmas shopping yet?

[ Edited ]

@brii wrote:

Christmas shopping?  No.  LOL

I just bought second semester books for daughter to the tune of almost $600.  Ouch...

@brii

i hear you on THAT!!!!!

2 kids in school......one set of books was $520 and the other set was $750.....and a few of those were online books! crazy huh?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

The option to return a present wouldn't be there this December if I started shopping now. So, no, I usually wait until December.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't buy much any more so it's no longer on my radar.  Years ago I would watch for things during the year.  I went through a phase where I wanted all my Christmas gifts to be hand made.  I started working on items in Jan because it took me all year to make them.  So glad that phase ended.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45, it's shocking - and not in a good way.  LOL

Valued Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Just seeing this,made me ill.

ITA.. I think I am going to have to get the garbage can, UGH.

Esteemed Contributor

Actually, yes ... about three weeks ago I bought a centerpiece on deep discount ... wanted the matching pre-lit garland, but it sold out before I made up my mind ... wish I'd been quicker.  

Esteemed Contributor

I really wanted to vomit at the title of this thread.  Actually, I did purchase three things for three people for the holiday season and now my shopping is all done.  They are a themed item of sort and that's what is allowed where these people work so I don't have to knock myself out searching for items around the holiday season.  I can just bow and go. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Esteemed Contributor

No I didnt start, but I know people who do start for the next year the day after Christmas on and it makes sense to pick up things you see all year on sale IMO.

I can tell you this, I AM starting in July this year to space the money out on a budget instead of spending all at once. I used to do this (start in July) but the past 2 years I havent. Well I will be in 2016. Of course I cant buy everything early because we make lists for each other but we also buy things we think of on our own so I can get started then with that.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

The only gifts I would buy this early would be something for one of my daughters.  Last year I purchased half of one daughters Christmas in April, due to a clearance sale.   My eyes and ears are always open.   I always try to have everything bought by the first of November.   

Regular Contributor

One word response: Seriously?