Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone smell phantom flowers?

@Carmie Could be lots of logical reasons.  When our neighbor runs their dryer I can smell the exhaust of dryer sheets.  All windows are closed but I can smell car exhaust and cigarette smoke (no one in our house smokes).  I have an extreme sense of smell.  Very sensitive.  

Super Contributor

@Venezia  Wow! To be able to track down that man is fabulous! A little eerie but since he clearly means no harm, just wants to enjoy his pipe again in his special spot, and your niece does not fear him, it's kind of sweet. Maybe a little sad? IDK but I would have thought he would have been long gone by now... onto better things. I guess it just shows us how intertwined this whole life of ours and those who have come before us really is. It also shows us how something so simple yet so satisfying to that man is able to continue for him. That's really cool. Simply Amazing.

Esteemed Contributor

Did you buy a new brand of deodorant or bar/liquid soap? If so, that could be what you're smelling.

If you spend a lot of time in your living room, you might just think you only smell it in there.

Honored Contributor

@ThinkingOutLoud   We built our home so no one lived here before us.

The house we had before this one had a spirit of a young  man, 30ish, who lived with us.  My youngest son and I saw him often.  He used to move things occasionally and one night he woke me up when my oldest son fell through the slats of his upper bunk bed and was hanging by his neck.  He saved his life.

When we moved out the new home owners youngest  son saw him as well, so he didn't follow us.  I often wondered who he was and why he never passed to the next world.  I did research talking to neighbors who lived there 50-60 years, but no one knew of a young man who ever died in that home.

I felt sorry for him.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Venezia wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

I smell cherry pipe tobacco when my late grandpa comes to visit me...I use to question how & why but now just say hi, miss you, love you, watch over my family & stay close. 

@kitcat51 - Well, this spooked me!  (No pun intended.)

Because I was going to mention my niece who often would smell cherry pipe tobacco in her home, when she was alone.  No one in her home used that, but in the living room in one particular corner, she'd often smell it quite distinctly.

It was an old farmhouse and she eventually started researching its history, only to find someone still alive who knew a previous owner.  A man who used to sit there and have his pipe of cherry tobacco in the early evening.  She even got his name, so forever after, when she smelled it, she would just say hello to him.  She never felt threatened.

Every female in my maternal family line has had the same gift.  I believe and I've had many experiences of my own.  It doesn't matter to me whether others believe or not.

My grandfather smoked cherry tobacco, I loved the smell. He lived with my family when I was 9, he taught me to fish, hunt & how important it is to always be responsible. He moved to another State when I was 11 but we were still close...I was outside when I saw a white mist above the roof of our house, I knew immediately what happened & when I went inside my mom was on the phone getting the news, he died of a heart attack in a funeral procession for my uncle. Thanks for sharing your story @Venezia. Be well & keep believing ❤ 

Honored Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

Did you buy a new brand of deodorant or bar/liquid soap? If so, that could be what you're smelling.

If you spend a lot of time in your living room, you might just think you only smell it in there.

No nothing new. My DH doesn't smell it.  I have been smelling it for weeks now.  

Honored Contributor

@Carmie 

Have you recently painted, gotten new furniture or carpeting?

Esteemed Contributor

I knew I shouldn't have opened this thread.  Ya'll are freaking me out.  I don't believe it ghosts or spirits, and the thought of them scares me.  Having said that, I do smell my dad's pipe tobacco in my home from time to time.  I've smelled it in my daughters home as well.  I try not to think about the why or how.  

Esteemed Contributor

I believe it is someone who loves you visiting you and just checking in.

My Father was a smoker and he died 3 days shy of his 58th birthday. He’s been visiting me for months. Not just at home, but at the office, hotels, while I’m driving. 

i smell his cigarette scent often, he doesn’t stay long but I have no question it’s him.

Honored Contributor

If your HVAC system is set to bring in OUTSIDE air, it could be coming from any of your neighbors...

♥Surface of the Sun♥