Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone smell phantom flowers?

I smell cherry pipe tobacco when my late grandpa comes to visit me...I use to question how & why but now just say hi, miss you, love you, watch over my family & stay close. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KingstonsMom   Tell your brother hello from me.

We have had spirits at our house too as have my youngest son at his house.  They drain the batteries from the phones and IPads and drive my dogs crazy.

My dogs don't seem to be bothered, so I don't know if the smell is related to spirits. 

I have a younger brother who has passed.  He has never come for a visit, but he used to be in all of my dreams.  He never said anything or did anything, he was just sitting on a chair or walking by...all passive stuff.

Finally, I noticed that he wasn't bald anymore.  He had a full head of hair.  Once I figured out what he wanted to show me, he never was in a dream again.

Esteemed Contributor

i believe.......

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie  I have smelled phantom smells for years. I chalked it up to some kind of autoimmune thing, of which I have many, or my olfactory getting old.  I usually smell perfume or cigar smoke. Not really related to anyone I know, and not offensive.

Honored Contributor

There could be a medical reason for smelling those flowers. It's called phantosmia.

Honored Contributor

I thought the same until I found out that my husband was using some kind of new bags in the kitchen garbage pail with the scent of lavendar and roses. Wow, were they strong! The entire house was beginning to smell like lavendar. Ugh.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie 

I sure will!Heart

We lost him in a horrific car accident with a drunk driver during the holidays a few years ago (seems like yesterday), so he always comes to say hello around the holidays.

With me, DH and our adult daughter here, it's common to hear, "Hey Uncle Ron!", when he starts playin' with us, LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@kitcat51 wrote:

I smell cherry pipe tobacco when my late grandpa comes to visit me...I use to question how & why but now just say hi, miss you, love you, watch over my family & stay close. 

@kitcat51 - Well, this spooked me!  (No pun intended.)

Because I was going to mention my niece who often would smell cherry pipe tobacco in her home, when she was alone.  No one in her home used that, but in the living room in one particular corner, she'd often smell it quite distinctly.

It was an old farmhouse and she eventually started researching its history, only to find someone still alive who knew a previous owner.  A man who used to sit there and have his pipe of cherry tobacco in the early evening.  She even got his name, so forever after, when she smelled it, she would just say hello to him.  She never felt threatened.

Every female in my maternal family line has had the same gift.  I believe and I've had many experiences of my own.  It doesn't matter to me whether others believe or not.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Someone is visiting from the other side. When this happens, sometimes it's a relative, other times someone who lived there before. They'll go away if you want but it could be that they're there to protect you, etc. so be careful what you request.

Super Contributor

I was able to zero in on my latest 'phantom' scent: hubby bought scented doggie bags and opened a pack lol. I had no idea where the scent was coming from until my nose tracked it down to hubby's coat pocket lol. Boy did I LOVE the scent - fresh and clean! Good luck in your search but from the way it sounds, it just might be something a whole lot less tangible. Smiley Happy