Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone shopping Amazon Prime day?

@Bri36 wrote:

Not me.

I'm just not a fan of Amazon for some reason.

@Bri36- my husband wishes I were more like you. 

I shop all the time on Amazon. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Trusted Contributor

@haddon9

I changed her name to Echo. You can change it to a few different things. Just too many commercials on tv asking Alexa to order things.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gidgetgh wrote:

@Bri36 wrote:

Not me.

I'm just not a fan of Amazon for some reason.

@Bri36- my husband wishes I were more like you. 

I shop all the time on Amazon. 

@gidgetgh 

My sister loves Amazon too.  LOL

Respected Contributor

amazon prime is super good if you order alot.  we ordered pool filters a 6 pak. shoes and other stuff.

Esteemed Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

I only browsed a little this morning as my husband has a really early doctor appointment, but I did quickly look at the Citizen Eco Drive watches.  I love these watches.

My very favorite watch by them is pink with crystals around the bezel.  Amazon's normal price is terrific but today it's 30% off that.

I looked briefly at handbags but nothing really jumped out.

Anyone buy anything?

Shoes in my cart right now!  

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

@Pooky1 wrote:

amazon prime is super good if you order alot.  we ordered pool filters a 6 pak. shoes and other stuff.

@Pooky1

I got Prime for the movies & TV shows. I don't have cable. It is completely worth the annual fee for that. The free 2-day shipping and other perks are just frosting on the cake, so to speak. 

Esteemed Contributor

I jsut did a prime pantry order- got free shipping and also $10 off $60!

Esteemed Contributor

@AngusandBuddhasMom wrote:

I ordered a pair of clark shoes that were originally 95.00 and I got them for 44.95 so I consider that a good deal.

@AngusandBuddhasMom Boooyahhhhhh!

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

@Ainhisg wrote:

I wish I could find something to buy, but the sales are on bigger items and not the smaller things I usually purchase.  I love Amazon Prime.  I order from Amazon A LOT.  Mascara, OTC skin care, dog food, toys, and treats, pest control, cleaning products, shoes, cookbooks...you name it, and you can find it on Amazon.  I always check other sites before ordering, because Amazon is sometimes more expensive, but generally...their prices often match or are better than discount stores and other retailers.  Love the 2-day shipping, and like someone mentioned, they often deliver on the weekends.  We watch TV shows through Amazon (have a Fire stick), too.

I recently just got their Amazon Prime Rewards credit card.  Up until now, I've only had 2 CC's...a generaly use card and a Kohl's card to get the Kohl's discounts.  I couldn't pass up the Amazon CC, though, because I got $70 in Amazon credit just for getting it and now earn 5% on all my Amazon purchases.  Just this last month, I got a little over $7--totally free money.  My regular CC, which offers rewards, doesn't ever offer 5%.  And you can use the CC elsewhere and earn smaller percentages...2% at restaurants, gas statiions, and drugs stores, and 1% everywhere else.  You do have to be a Prime member to earn these discounts, but that's not problem, as I will always be one.

@Ainhisg There are sales in most categories that Amazon sells.  Even beauty.

*Call Tyrone*
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

My son has free student's Prime for a week remaining, but the only things I wanted the sale amount is full or it's in the missed category. Glad Qvc doesn't do that. The movies are only about $1.50 off, so buying used is less expensive still and to me sometimes it's worth that to not pick off the sticky seal! Oh well, saved some money. I got a great deal on my Kindle last time.