Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone shopping Amazon Prime day?

Haven't found much on Amazon however the other stores are having pretty good deals to compete.

Honored Contributor

Ladies, they have categories set up for you... beauty, handbags, babies, etc.

It isn't just a free-for-all mess over there. Think of upcoming gifts needed.

Honored Contributor

TARGET having a lot of deals, like 40% off BED, BATH and KITCHEN.

See second page of website.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not me.

I'm just not a fan of Amazon for some reason.

Honored Contributor

When I was a Prime member I loved it and loved combing through the deals on Prime Day but I just cancelled my auto-ship of my Prilosec knock off as Costco had a better deal with free s/h and it will be here on Thursday.  Prime worked for me when I was overwhelmed with work and taking care of my mom but now that my life has slowed down I have a chance to do more research.  

Trusted Contributor

Bought my mom the new 2017 kindle fire hd 8" tablet.  $49.99 is a great deal.  I have the now discounted 8.9 HDX and love it.  Also bought greenies.  If you place an order through Alexa, and under Alexa deals, You get a 1 per customer $10 credit for items over $20.  The greenies ended up being about $12.  There is also deals on larger sizes of them I will probably get.

Honored Contributor

I ordered a couple of things...no special deals for 'prime day' but it was to stock up on them again...

Viva 24 rolls (regular - select a size)...don't like the 'Vantage'...for less than $26 and the 9 variety pk of Welsh Cakes...delish! We love them with eggs and sausage/bacon/or ham in the morning...also great with just coffee or tea too Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

I ordered a couple of things...no special deals for 'prime day' but it was to stock up on them again...

Viva 24 rolls (regular - select a size)...don't like the 'Vantage'...for less than $26 and the 9 variety pk of Welsh Cakes...delish! We love them with eggs and sausage/bacon/or ham in the morning...also great with just coffee or tea too Smiley Very Happy

WHAT???

Welsh cakes?  Do you mean the griddle cakes? 

All excited now... Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

Yes I bought a shirt I really wanted and board shorts and rashguard top I've been wanting for when I paddle board. There are no other deals on anything else I've been wanting. 

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I have prime, but, I just do not understand why you would buy something you never needed just because it is a good deal?

@SeaMaiden

I don't understand that either.

A few small items I order regularly were discounted today so I ordered them.  I also picked up a couple small things I need and had been putting off getting - both were discounted today. I didn't buy anything big and everything I purchased would have been bought anyway so I am glad to have saved a few dollars. Nothing I got was worth getting excited about though! Smiley Wink