Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone shop Thrive Market?

I can get the olive oil at my supermarket..

Honored Contributor

I considered trying it but balked at the membership fee. I'm not paying to shop anywhere. 

Esteemed Contributor

@qvcaddition 

As can I.

But, they sell a lot more than olive oil, and that's what I was more interested in.

Esteemed Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

I considered trying it but balked at the membership fee. I'm not paying to shop anywhere. 

Costco, Sams Club, BJ's all have membership fees.  You have to look and see if there is value in that membership.  I use many of the products so it is worth it for me.  While buying in bulk at Costco is not.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

Costco, Sams Club, BJ's all have membership fees.  You have to look and see if there is value in that membership.  I use many of the products so it is worth it for me.  While buying in bulk at Costco is not.

No need to justify your decision. It wouldn't be worth it to ME. 

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I joined this past December and have been pleased with it.  I like that I can shop by vegan diet, so I don't have to be constantly checking for ingredients.

As far as the membership goes, here's how it worked out for me.  I paid the $59 membership then got $20 off of my first order.  Shipping was free because I ordered enough to qualify (I think it's a minimum of $49 for free shipping) but if you don't meet the minimum it's a flat fee of $5.95, which isn't too bad IMO.

My second order got to about within 10 miles of being delivered, then I got a delivery notification that my order had been damaged in transit so Thrive gave me a $10 credit off of my next order.  I've also discovered that some items you review will earn cash.  I think I've earned $4 by reviewing items.  

Then there's the actual items I order (things that I would normally get from Sprouts or Whole Foods), and Thrive market so far has had lower prices, anywhere from $.50 on up to a few dollars per item, plus I don't have to make a special trip to these stores any more.

You can also qualify for freebies; I choose a jar of 90 MegaFood C Defense Tangy Citrus gummies, which is anywhere from $15 to $20 in stores.  Plus items go on sale.

So, to make a long story (sorry!) short, Thrive Market has worked out for me because of the convenience of not having to make trips to stores out of my way, and I feel like I've completely recouped the $59 membership fee. 

Thrive was slammed up until recently, they sent out e-mails in March asking people who ordered in the past few weeks not to order for a while because their traffic had increased so much. This week they sent another e-mail announcing that shipping times had returned to normal.  Plus I read a story where one of the founders donated his remaining 2020 salary to the Thrive Market COVID-19 Relief Fund.   As of 5/6, they had raised $500,000.

So, my experience overall has been good, and have had a positive experience with their customer service.