Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone see on the news tonight about the food shortage?

[ Edited ]

@ID2 wrote:

@Georgiagrama  

OP, and you heard this news on tv? Really?? Since when is what the news reports is reality? Please do your homework before posting.

@ID2   Really????  Smiley LOLSmiley LOL  Before posting that suppliers are ramping up their efforts to prevent shortages????

Smiley LOLSmiley LOL  What an absolutely hilarious statement.  exactly how hard do you think that is to understand???? 

Honored Contributor

Yes i saw it ,not surprising,we have just started to see numbers climb on covid 19,and then we wait to see what the flu brings.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Just what people need to hear so they can start panic buying again.

I saw this story in GMA and what they actually said is that production is being ramped up so that there isn't another food shortage, not that there is a food shortage. 

They did say that one of the things they are seeing a run on is baking supplies.  Typically those things start to get in short supply about 2 weeks prior so whatever you need for Thanksgiving, you should buy 2 weeks beforehand. 

@Lipstickdiva  I don't think that there was even a suggestion of panic buying.  The whole point was to inform people that extra supplies are being produced.   However, in my case, I am buying extras.  I have neighbors and children who shared with me during the first of the year and I intend to be able to do the same if necessary.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Cakers3 wrote:

I am going to say one thing about food shortages:  if you can afford to be all set, remember those who cannot afford to buy more than a weeks supply-if that.

I will not feel comfortable among my own food supplies until I see the long lines at food banks go away.  Some of those lines require HOURS of waiting.

We should always be prepared for any emergency whether pandemic, weather, etc.  And we should always be willing to help other be prepared, too.

@Cakers3   My husband and I are both elderly and have compromised health.  We had neighbors and our children all helping us out the first of the year when all this struck.  I am buying extra so that I can do the same for them if needed.  Some of the younger folks have since lost their jobs. We can all share something when we can. 

Respected Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

@Georgiagrama 

What is the source for this story?  I am interested to read it.

@4kitties   I normally don't answer remarks like this,  I assume everyone can read or hear and watch some semblence of news, however, it was on GMA yesterday.  If you read through some of these posts, several people have seen it on different news programs.  

Esteemed Contributor

Haven't had any trouble finding anything, except rubbing alcohol which I need for my daily injections. Who knew that would be so difficult to find? Finally found a Walgreens which keeps it under lock and key . . . and only a couple of their pharmacy technicians know it's available! They have been my go-to place for rubbing alcohol. 

How do other people find rubbing alcohol for their daily injections?

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

Haven't had any trouble finding anything, except rubbing alcohol which I need for my daily injections. Who knew that would be so difficult to find? Finally found a Walgreens which keeps it under lock and key . . . and only a couple of their pharmacy technicians know it's available! They have been my go-to place for rubbing alcohol. 

How do other people find rubbing alcohol for their daily injections?

@BirkiLady   I haven't been able to find any either, but my friend knows I've been looking for it and when she went to Publix last week she found some there. It's the first I've had since the beginning of the year. 

Respected Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

There is no requirement for anyone to post the source for anything said.  The internet is available for everyone to research a story in more detail.  No poster should ever feel obligated to do this (of course,  in my opinion. )

@Johnnyeager   I rarely. if ever, answer such nonsensical requests.  If she is on here, she can read, and I will assume hear, and most likely watches some semblence of news.  

Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady, I was told that it wasn't necessary.  Under normal circumstances I've showered anyway. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Honored Contributor

My family has always lived rural, and it just seems like we were always prepared. I have always done the same for my family, and am never the one running to the store because a storm is coming.

Feeding 2-6 people daily requires more than minimal amounts of food in the house. If the 4 of us have to be quarantined, I have family across the road who could drop off bread, milk, eggs, etc., but I would never hand them a full list and expect them to do full shopping for me.

My local stores have struggled to get back to normal and are still not 100%. For as long as this pandemic lasts, there will be shortages and problems. I have taken the visual of what I've seen locally for 7 months, and listened to advice of store managers, to formulate a plan to care for my family.

If we face more shortages, I'm good; no shortages, I'm still good.