Honored Contributor

Anyone remember Beans & Weenies?

On a recent trip to Safeway I spotted a small can of these which I remember from younger days. I bought it and thought "what the heck".  A couple days later I opened it (a really small can), heated up the contents and ate. Not much to it but not bad.

About an hour later I got a stomach ache, big surprise! It only lasted a couple of hours but I guess you really can't go back again LOL.  Not sorry I tried them but obviously, no more.

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone remember Beans & Weenies?

[ Edited ]

I make them for lunch every now and then.  1 can baked beans plus a couple steamed, sliced beef weiners.

Regular Contributor

Make them for dinner every now and then.  Husband loves them.  

It is what it is!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I make them also!   Get hungry for the taste again!

Like my hot dogs cut in little circles, browned and the beans at room temperature.  Yum!

Esteemed Contributor

Right up there with baked dishes covered in cream of mushroom soup - margarine - powered pudding - and not least Tang!

I think our mothers were trying to kill us.

Esteemed Contributor

Amazingly we all survived!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was just purging the kitchen cupboards and found a can that the BF bought. LOL

Honored Contributor

My first MIL served that for Sunday dinner...

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I have packs of all beef hot dogs and I think I'll buy a can of baked beans and make my own! I think I'll avoid a stomach ache that way!!  I don't know WHY I didn't think of this in the first place. Live and learn LOL

Honored Contributor

I don't have experience with that product and I don't like hot dogs, anyway, but I've done a similar thing with canned chili.

I usually have some Stagg brand (I think that's the name) chicken or turkey chili on hand.  Every now and then I feel like indulging in it, knowing full well, that I'll be sorry later.

I also always have some chili cheese Fritos on hand and, of course, lots of cheeses.  I like to take the canned chili (usually 2 meals per can) and add (after putting it in the bowl) some of those Fritos that I break up a bit in my hand, then some extra sharp cheddar on top.   

It's lovely at the time but I always feel bad later for having done so.  Smiley Happy