Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone recieve an eamil about the "Federal Real ID" act?

I didn't get an email but did update my license....DMV in my state  as a woman you have to show your marriage cetificate....they told me they are trying to follow your name change, if you had one.

I had to go to the courthouse to get an 'official' certificate of my marriage license.  It's a bigger problem for women who have been married more than once....there was a woman in the DMV the same time I was and that was her issue and she had married the same man twice, she was practically in tears from the headache of the process.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@willomenia wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

I live in Pennsylvania which use one of the state's where our current driver's licenses isn't considered a real ID.

I have been receiving info on how to obtain one in the mail for,quite amwhile now. I don't intend to convert my current drivers license.  I don't need a real ID for anything.

I have a valid passport to use if I need to fly and I never go to the Federal Building..if I do, I will take my passport.

I plan on renewing my passport when it expires. It is less expensive for me to renew the passport than it is to get a worthless to me real ID. It needs to be renewed every four years If I travel out of the country I need a passport anyway and that lasts for 10 years for $99.

Not that you might  need to show, but remember a post office is a federal building 

• @willomenia.  You will not need a Real ID to enter a Post Office. Only federal buildings that normally require an id to enter which a PO does not.

Not at this point in time, but, the way this world is changing could change at any time. My sister was asked if she was 21 the other day when she bought a can of spray paint !   All these idiots huffing paint and you can't buy Sudafed any more unless U sign for it. Druggies.

sister by the way is 66 can't even buy spray paint now days.

Nothing under the sun would surprise me any more ! 

Honored Contributor

@SharkE, I was carded at the Wally when we bought spray "flex seal"!!  I said, "stupid huffers/druggies"... can't buy something for a cold unless you sign with blood but for some reason they keep making meth..  makes me so darn mad.. grrrr

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

Isn't it ridiculous ?  We're going Mon to get that REAL ID license better to be safe then sorry. He may have to fly to Ind if one of his old sisters die.

Never know what may be coming your way best to be prepared is our motto.

Pray for the best , prepare for the worst has been our mantra.

Take bull by the horns and brace yourself all U can do.

You remember those movies where the officials come around knocking on doors and demand to see documents ? I know this was back in war times, but, I may live long enough to see a war.

Honored Contributor

It is NOT a scam. My DH and I went to our MVA in March and had our documents scanned even though our licenses were not due to expire. We were ableto make an appt, the lines were out the door.  There was no charge to do this, but make sure you bring the proper documents, that is most important. 

Trusted Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@willomenia wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

I live in Pennsylvania which use one of the state's where our current driver's licenses isn't considered a real ID.

I have been receiving info on how to obtain one in the mail for,quite amwhile now. I don't intend to convert my current drivers license.  I don't need a real ID for anything.

I have a valid passport to use if I need to fly and I never go to the Federal Building..if I do, I will take my passport.

I plan on renewing my passport when it expires. It is less expensive for me to renew the passport than it is to get a worthless to me real ID. It needs to be renewed every four years If I travel out of the country I need a passport anyway and that lasts for 10 years for $99.

Not that you might  need to show, but remember a post office is a federal building 

• @willomenia.  You will not need a Real ID to enter a Post Office. Only federal buildings that normally require an id to enter which a PO does not.

as of now, its still a federal building so who knows what the future holds

Honored Contributor

exactly

Honored Contributor

@willomenia wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@willomenia wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

@willomenia.  Well then, take your Passport. Like all PO’s are going to have someone checking everyone coming in. I don’t even know when the last time I was in a PO or any Federal Bldg where ID has been required. 

Trusted Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@willomenia wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@willomenia wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

@willomenia.  Well then, take your Passport. Like all PO’s are going to have someone checking everyone coming in. I don’t even know when the last time I was in a PO or any Federal Bldg where ID has been required. 

Missing my point, why would i take my passport, if i have a real id? 

Honored Contributor

@willomenia wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@willomenia wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@willomenia wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

Missing my point, why would i take my passport, if i have a real id? 

@willomenia.  My point was the PO doesn’t require real ID. And it was said who knows maybe it will. I will use my Passport if this happens which I don’t think it will as I am not getting a real ID.