Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone ordering on "free ship" day?

Too bad it only lasted one day.

New Contributor

I made a huge order on free shipping day. I then found that I was charged shipping on several items, including an exercise machine. I tried to correct this on the chat online service. I was told I would have to call customer service to correct this. I called customer service, waited for a long time (which I understand), and then was told that Saturday, 12-3-2016 was not a free shipping day on QVC. I was told that free shipping day was on Monday 12-5-2016, so my shipping costs would not be refunded.

I apologized if I had made an error here.  However, i then remembered that on David's Saturday morning 12-3-2016 show he promoted free shipping day that day.  I also remember the last hour of the day the free shipping being pushed before the deadline.  Also, I was told by others that this day was free shipping, because they saw it also.

So, I called back and let customer service know this. I was then told that it was a free shipping day, but not for QVC.  I was told I was reading stuff online that had nothing to do with QVC.

This surprisingly hurt me very deeply.  That fact surprises me, and I feel a bit foolish that this hurt me. However, I have loved QVC, promoted it, and been a very loyal customer for years.  I was being disregarded as not knowing what I was talking about and very unappreciated.

i decided I must stand up for myself after the way I was treated.  It took a lot of time and energy, but I continued to give facts regarding the free shipping date. I asked for a manager.  I was told to hold before being transferred to a manager.  The representative returned stating she had put in a request to reimburse my shipping costs.  She said it wouldn't show up for a while.  I was then chastised for ordering online and not noticing and taking care of the problem sooner.  

There are other things as well that happened in this situation.  When I called the number given me to call by the chat person, I was told it was the wrong number and to call another number. I said ok, wrote down the number they had and asked to be transferred. I was told I had to hang up and call.

i was also told that on another order that was purchased as buy more save more, that I would not get get that deal because my order was on fulfilled after being put on wait list. 

I don't know but I'm very hurt, disappointed and shocked at how I was treated.  

Honored Contributor

Why did you post the exact same thing in three places.  I am sorry if this sounds mean, you should of checked that everything was ok with the shipping before you checked out, or if you purchased over the phone you should of confirmed. Please do not blame others for your mistake or what ever it was.

@14tweety wrote:

I made a huge order on free shipping day. I then found that I was charged shipping on several items, including an exercise machine. I tried to correct this on the chat online service. I was told I would have to call customer service to correct this. I called customer service, waited for a long time (which I understand), and then was told that Saturday, 12-3-2016 was not a free shipping day on QVC. I was told that free shipping day was on Monday 12-5-2016, so my shipping costs would not be refunded.

I apologized if I had made an error here.  However, i then remembered that on David's Saturday morning 12-3-2016 show he promoted free shipping day that day.  I also remember the last hour of the day the free shipping being pushed before the deadline.  Also, I was told by others that this day was free shipping, because they saw it also.

So, I called back and let customer service know this. I was then told that it was a free shipping day, but not for QVC.  I was told I was reading stuff online that had nothing to do with QVC.

This surprisingly hurt me very deeply.  That fact surprises me, and I feel a bit foolish that this hurt me. However, I have loved QVC, promoted it, and been a very loyal customer for years.  I was being disregarded as not knowing what I was talking about and very unappreciated.

i decided I must stand up for myself after the way I was treated.  It took a lot of time and energy, but I continued to give facts regarding the free shipping date. I asked for a manager.  I was told to hold before being transferred to a manager.  The representative returned stating she had put in a request to reimburse my shipping costs.  She said it wouldn't show up for a while.  I was then chastised for ordering online and not noticing and taking care of the problem sooner.  

There are other things as well that happened in this situation.  When I called the number given me to call by the chat person, I was told it was the wrong number and to call another number. I said ok, wrote down the number they had and asked to be transferred. I was told I had to hang up and call.

i was also told that on another order that was purchased as buy more save more, that I would not get get that deal because my order was on fulfilled after being put on wait list. 

I don't know but I'm very hurt, disappointed and shocked at how I was treated.  

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.