Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone noticed the lack of reviews lately?

My last few REVIEWS were never published ... could it be the Q is selecting the 4-5 stars over my disappointing 2-3 stars?

Respected Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

Probably less purchasing this year, hence fewer reviews.

I'm talking NO reviews on products that have been aired and sold way before the latest airing.

Respected Contributor

@winediva wrote:

When the Oster Air Fryer Convection Oven was a TSV a couple of days ago, reviews of the item were removed for view.  (As this item was first sold as a TSV this past Spring, there were reviews on the item)   I, too, rarely buy something uinless I can read reviews and determine that most were pleased with their purchase. 

If you clicked on the Oster quickly you saw reviews of 3.8 stars - I cancelled my order.

Respected Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

Agree with @Cakers3  but if qvc once sold the item in the past and you google the item qvc reviews will come up. I always go to other sources to read reviews when possible.

Yes, but you shouldn't have to it should be on the QVC site. 

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Valstybaby    I think it's your imagination.  I've written lots of reviews lately and they're right where I left them   New products don't have reviews but you often find them for similar products Thanks  at Amazon. 

Nope not my imagination. Not talking about new products I am talking about previously sold products that had reviews and they weren't good and when they were re-aired the reviews disappeared.  

Respected Contributor

If this is item K51364 there are 55 reviews posted now. 

Trusted Contributor

I have noticed that if ANYTHING is different on an item from a previous showing there will be no reviews.  Something as simply as adding or taking away a color creates a "new" item, 3 pair of socks versus 2 pair of socks, it's a new item, therefore no reviews.

Respected Contributor

@50Mickey wrote:

That's because it's not being shown today nor is it the TSV. 

Honored Contributor

@Valstybaby wrote:

@Janey2 wrote:

Agree with @Cakers3  but if qvc once sold the item in the past and you google the item qvc reviews will come up. I always go to other sources to read reviews when possible.

Yes, but you shouldn't have to it should be on the QVC site. 

@Valstybaby   What "should" be on the Q site depends upon what you are looking for.

If I'm going to purchase a high ticket item, such as the Oster oven, I want to know more than - "It works fine".  I want to know how it cleans up; how easy it is to set temps and dials; how evenly all types of food will cook etc.

Those issues will not be found on reviews here.   I rather read reviews by those whose job it is to actually use and test the item.

It's like reviews for shoes - 1 Star because the person didn't like the color.  5 Stars because the person thinks the shoes are cute.

Nothing about fit, nothing about comfort.

One star because an item arrived late.  Nothing else.

Reviews are subjective anyway. 

I understand what you are saying but my post was just a suggestion.  My personal preference is to research when I'm about to shell out $$ for an expensive item.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@Valstybaby wrote:

@50Mickey wrote:

That's because it's not being shown today nor is it the TSV. 

@Valstybaby    So you are saying that they don't show reviews of existing items when they are being shown and then the reviews go back up after the item is not being shown?