Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone not doing anything for Thanksgiving?

I'll be cleaning parrot cages.  I might, if I finish early enough, go to the movies.  I am at work usually seven days each week (it's my business) - tomorrow will be my "spa day" - no phones, no people ... just the feather babies and me.

Respected Contributor

Just the 2 of us here not counting the dogs and cats. Husband is getting ready for hunting camp. We will be having roast half duck with orange sauce (courtesy of Aldi's), various vegetables and pie for dessert. Graham Cracker Cream and Banana Cream ( with real meringue) picked up from a local restaurant.

Respected Contributor

We're really not doing anything.  I will be cooking traditional Thanksgiving dinner though.

Honored Contributor

@Allegheny wrote:

We're really not doing anything.  I will be cooking traditional Thanksgiving dinner though.

Us too.I am cooking the full dinner for two.i really don’t care to be going out so happy homebody.

Honored Contributor

Watching the Macy's Parade, the dog show and 2 football games.  Busy enough for me!!!  And for dinner--Roast Turkey ala Lean Cuisine!!  

Honored Contributor

We cancelled our plans because of the snow in northern Wisconsin. With little food in the house, I'll make a kettle of chili. We can have bacon and eggs for breakfast so it's not like anyone will starve. House is decorated for Christmas, so we'll watch parades, football and play some cards. I'm looking forward to the peace and quiet.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

This year it is just DH and me.  We planned a simple Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow - turkey & stuffing in the crockpot, with garlic mashed potatoes & gravy,  green bean casserole and pecan pie.  We were snowed in today so we decided to cook it all today instead of tomorrow.  I love the scent of good food cooking throughout the house (with little work on my part).  So, we got the turkey (thighs only, as we are both dark meat eaters) on a bed of dressing in the crock pot this morning and spent a lazy day snowed in.  It was good, an easy clean-up and now we have good leftovers for tomorrow.  It was a good decision! 

Wishing you all a good day tomorrow, whatever you may do and hoping you have many things to be thankful for this year.  I know I do.

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Respected Contributor

I am not doing anything, nothing special and no turkey.

Wishing all a good holiday and happiness and health on the day.

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

Just me and my husband tomorrow. Grilled cheese sandwiches, pumpkin pie for him and cheesecake for me.  

Gonna be a lonnnnnng day. 

Not trying to be poor pitiful Pearl (remember the doll?) here. It is what it is. 

@gidgetgh  I'm thrilled it is just going to be just DH and me...a nice peaceful day with great food, out of the snow/traffic-travel, and have our holiday DVDs lined up. I can't wait to watch the Macy's Day parade...hoping the balloons will still be flown.

All our holiday decor is up so many pretty things to enjoy looking at too. Our holiday meal is prime rib roast, ceasar salad, keto custard tarts and James Arthur Vineyard's Edelweiss wine.

Find the positives & blessings and enjoy your holiday!  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Going to be three of us, DH and I and my younger brother. Turkey and most of the fixing made by yours truly

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.