Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone loving Cookie Butter from Trader Joe's

@terrier3 wrote:

@panda1234 wrote:

@tansy wrote:

Is this a Trader Joe's product?  They sell a cookie butter spread and ice cream.  It's very popular.  I haven't tried it because I don't want to get addicted.

You are very smart not to have tried this ..... wish I never had. Basically it is like a peanut butter with no nuts. It is made from crushed biscuits that taste like gingerbread. You can also buy the biscuits at TJ, they are called speculoos. 

What you HAVE to try is cookie butter spread on the speculoos cookies!!!

Is that legal? 

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

http://www.shopbiscoff.com/product/biscoff-spread-creamy-set-of-2

Biscoff Spread Creamy - Set of 2

I bought this today on sale at our local Shop-Rite.  BIG mistake.  It's delicious.  To me it tastes like Wind Mill cookies.  It reminds me of Christmas cookies a German bakery in town made.  They had both creamy and crunchy. (of course I bought both)

One serving of Windmill Cookies contains about 95 calories and can be ...

Honored Contributor

@lulu2

yesssssssssssss......it is good and it is dangerous to have around......and i love the biscoff cookies also. you should try those if they are available. ENJOY!

Biscoff Cookies are a type of shortcrust biscuit known as “speculoos,” a Belgian specialty. Throughout Europe, these mid-day treats are known as Lotus Speculoos.

Speculoos were traditionally made for special occasions, including weddings, births, and to celebrate St. Nicholas’ Feast on December 6. Belgium’s talented bakers would decorate their speculoos in elaborately carved patterns – what better way to learn?

Back in 1932, Lotus Bakeries decided these cookies were too good to limit to special occasions. The original recipe, which remains unchanged, made the speculoos an instant favorite in Europe’s famous cafés. Speculoos continue to hold a lofty position in Belgian culture – every fifth cookie enjoyed in Belgium is a speculoos (Biscoff).

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@lulu2

yesssssssssssss......it is good and it is dangerous to have around......and i love the biscoff cookies also. you should try those if they are available. ENJOY!

Biscoff Cookies are a type of shortcrust biscuit known as “speculoos,” a Belgian specialty. Throughout Europe, these mid-day treats are known as Lotus Speculoos.

Speculoos were traditionally made for special occasions, including weddings, births, and to celebrate St. Nicholas’ Feast on December 6. Belgium’s talented bakers would decorate their speculoos in elaborately carved patterns – what better way to learn?

Back in 1932, Lotus Bakeries decided these cookies were too good to limit to special occasions. The original recipe, which remains unchanged, made the speculoos an instant favorite in Europe’s famous cafés. Speculoos continue to hold a lofty position in Belgian culture – every fifth cookie enjoyed in Belgium is a speculoos (Biscoff).

Hi sunshine45, believe it or not our Walmart carries these cookies?  More than likely they have the cookie spread too.  I've seen the jar before (thought it was another brand of peanut butter) but never paid attention.  Cookie butter just didn't register in my brain.

I really need to hide these 2 jars or they will be gone by nightfall.