Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone loving Cookie Butter from Trader Joe's

@tansy wrote:

@panda1234 wrote:

@tansy wrote:

Is this a Trader Joe's product?  They sell a cookie butter spread and ice cream.  It's very popular.  I haven't tried it because I don't want to get addicted.

You are very smart not to have tried this ..... wish I never had. Basically it is like a peanut butter with no nuts. It is made from crushed biscuits that taste like gingerbread. You can also buy the biscuits at TJ, they are called speculoos. 

@panda1234 LOL did you edit your title or did I really miss the TJ reference?  I wish I'd never tried the Coffee Blast ice cream or the salted caramel sauce.  Way too goodSmiley Sad

@tansy I read in this forum I think - someone loved their coffee ice cream - and she didn't even like coffee. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@panda1234 wrote:

@tansy wrote:

Is this a Trader Joe's product?  They sell a cookie butter spread and ice cream.  It's very popular.  I haven't tried it because I don't want to get addicted.

You are very smart not to have tried this ..... wish I never had. Basically it is like a peanut butter with no nuts. It is made from crushed biscuits that taste like gingerbread. You can also buy the biscuits at TJ, they are called speculoos. 

i generally dont shop at trader joes, but it sounds exactly like BISCOFF  SPREAD which is delicious.

first "discovered" BISCOFF COOKIES on airplanes.

http://www.shopbiscoff.com/product/biscoff-spread-creamy-set-of-2

Biscoff Spread Creamy - Set of 2

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I love the speculous chocolate bars they sell at the checkout, why do they  get in my cart

Trusted Contributor

I've seen this cookie butter at TJs.  Couldn't buy it, because I know my weaknesses.  Once I started on that jar, I wouldn't stop.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank goodness the nearest Trader Joes is four hours from my house! Woman Happy

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@panda1234 wrote:

@tansy wrote:

i generally dont shop at trader joes, but it sounds exactly like BISCOFF  SPREAD which is delicious.

first "discovered" BISCOFF COOKIES on airplanes.

http://www.shopbiscoff.com/product/biscoff-spread-creamy-set-of-2

Biscoff Spread Creamy - Set of 2

It is a knockoff of this product. I have also had this and it greasey, Trader Joe's is more like fudge. Has less calories than peanut butter too.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

the BISCOFF SPREAD (introduced to the US in 2011) is quite good and has been around for a number of years now. i think the trader joes version is the "knockoff." if anyone is interested it is now available in many stores.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Trader Joe's is my new vice of choice. If anyone here is a big fan of cinnamon graham crackers you MUST try TJ's. They are the best! DH is addicted to them and my new before bed treat is a glass of milk and these to dunk in it. Totally yummy. Please don't hate me because I told you about these when you don't fit into those TSV jeans! (go up a size! LOL)

Honored Contributor

@panda1234 wrote:

@tansy wrote:

What you HAVE to try is cookie butter spread on the speculoos cookies!!!

Honored Contributor

TJoe's cookie butter comes in a jar and is used as a spread like peanut butter.  It's delicious!

Now they also have cookie butter ice cream, which I tried and it's also delicious.

I've noticed that cream cheese comes out in different flavors now.  I think it's a Kraft one that I like that's a salmon cream cheese, I've also seen one in strawberry.  I'll bet the cookie butter cream cheese is also good.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices