Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone lonesome tonight

[ Edited ]

At least check out a few of the senior apartment complexes to take a look around.  You can choose when you want to be social or just have people around or when you want to be on your own in your apartment.  Help would always be readily available.  

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

I don’t think she’s looking for suggestions. 

@GenXmuse I wish some more people had encouraged my mother to make changes earlier rather than seeing her afraid and not willing to do anything about it.  

I wish to goodness that they had encouraged her and helped her help herself!  

Honored Contributor

@halfpint1,

I know you and Bob have some favorite places you go to together when he gets you out of the house.    

It might be a nice change for both of you to drop by your local senior center some day around lunchtime, eat with a group of people, and just check things out.   I think you would feel better having Bob there with you, and I’m sure he’s going to find someone to strike up a conversation with.  

I know Bob has his own friends, but he’s 60, and might be very interested in activities at the center if he checked the place out.  Bob could really help you a lot by taking you to a place like the senior center 1-2x a week, just to get you out of the house, and around others.   I doubt he could see himself living his life without friends, but am not sure he realizes how badly you need to get out, and have more contact with others.   

Honored Contributor

@halfpint1 wrote:

Thanks for answering but I will never move unless I have to. I am a very shy person and only had a few friends in the neighborhood growing up. Minnesota. Sandy snuck put again-my shelter cat can't for get I guess she was maybe a little wild. Gotta go see and convince  her to come back in.

@halfpint1    Hey Lady......I'm with you.    Don't pay attention to those who suggest that you move.    Group living is NOT FOR EVERYONE.......definitely not for me, either.     You can't interview your prospective neighbors.......and have NO idea what you may be getting into.    And NOT ALL "SENIORS" are "nice folks" either.    I also live in an older place that "creaks in the night".    Scares the pants off me sometimes.........but it's a whole lot better than losing your independence!

Take my word for it.......you are gonna be OK!    di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Hobbies.  My husband is really into his photography, so that allows me time for mine.  I crochet, do you, or are you able to learn it?  I do calendar decorations with my stickers.  I only just found this one.  Have you heard of junk journals?  Do you have YouTube.  It's really been great for me.  There's so much on there you can learn about.  Check out JoAnn's and Michaels, Hobby Lobby.  Even if you don't buy anything, it's fun to look, if you are creative or want to be.  I don't let arthritis stop me, or at least I try not to. LOL

It beats Google, since it's visually informative and instructual too.

Do you read, visit the library?

My Senior Center has great things going on, if you have one and want to make some new friends.  I'm almost done with the calligraphy classes.  More new friends.  

I hope my point of view answer helps some.  Maybe some ideas, if nothing else.  

Valued Contributor

It's 4:20am here, so I understand.

Respected Contributor

@halfpint1   I have been thinking about your noises.  My house makes noises and creaks.  It is from the heating and cooling of the day and night.  I do not know where you live but with all of the extreme heat we are having in some areas of the country that could be it.  The sun warms your house and attic all day then when night comes and it cools down the wood contracts and makes sounds.  

Where I live, we can have very cold temperatures in the winter and below zero sometimes.  This cold weather causes my wood deck, which is attached to my house, to make the loudest creaks!  Really scared me the first time they happened and I heard them late at night. 

I hope this this day will be better for you and you can have a nice walk.  I always take my walk early in the morning, so I will be heading out pretty soon when the sun comes up.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

You sure do buy a lot of things and then seem to regret it later. If a movie doesn't appeal to you, perhaps you could declutter or write up a budget plan. Find some constructive things to do that will improve your life.

QVC Customer Care
Honored Contributor

She’s in her 80’s, still trying to adjust to life without her husband. Only has her son who doesn’t live with her. Not everyone is an out going personality. I’d be lost without my husband. Everyone is different.