Trusted Contributor

Anyone here live near Bardstown KY?

I wonder if there are any updates about the Tommy Ballard murder or Crystal Rogers cases? 

I saw On the Case With Paula Zahn on 8/5 and became interested.

It seemed like her boyfriend and his brother would be persons of interest.

Also what has happened to Crystal's children?  She seemed so devoted to them.

TIA

Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone here live near Bardstown KY?

I don't but maybe if no one responds, another source would be to google the local newspaper or TV station.

I was interested in the Hawaiian volcano so I found Hawaii Now

Same thing for reading more about the missing student in Iowa, finding the Des Moines paper.

Honored Contributor

@game-on, I love Paula Zahn's show and watched last night!  I also saw a preview on another channel where another version of this story will be on, & I cannot remember which channel, but I think it was Oxygen!

Trusted Contributor

@Hooty@Just Bling   ....thanks for your responses....

I really enjoy Paula too.... and sometimes I really get hooked.  I will see if I can find the other story.

Respected Contributor

@game-on, I don't live in Bardstown, but this is in my neck of the woods & has been all over our local news since the day Crystal was reported missing.  I also know some people that do live in Bardstown.

As far as the kids, the children by her ex-husband are with him.  Her daughter by the boyfriend (the suspect) is living with him.  He has custody.   Sadly, Crystal's mother & family are not allowed to see her.  In the state of Ky, grandparents don't have rights, so to speak, so the suspect (boyfriend) does not allow his daughter to see any of Crystal's family according to what I hear.

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Honored Contributor

Do they know who killed Crystal's Dad?

Respected Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

Do they know who killed Crystal's Dad?

@drizzellla, No they don't really.  There is no doubt that most suspect the boyfriend or his brother (the police officer) but no arrests at this time.  In fact, the police have classifed it as a "death investigation" and not a homicide at this time.  But if you know the area, you know it was not a deer hunting accident for sure.  

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Trusted Contributor

@pitdakota  Thanks so much.  I imagine this hits the area hard.  

Honored Contributor

@game-on, I found it:   The Disappearance of Crystal Rogers, Sat., Aug, 11, 7:00 est/6:00 cst , on Oxygen!

Super Contributor

I also love Paula Zahn's show, and saw the episode regarding Crystal Rogers. I love Paula's approach to both the subject she is presenting and to the people she is interviewing. She appears intelligent, warm and caring.

As for the Crystal Rogers case, my heart ached for her and her family as I watched the show. I am certainly not a trained investigator, nor do I know anything about missing persons/homicide investigations, but it sure seems to me like the boyfriend and his brother, the cop, were involved. And I think either "something happened" or her body is buried at the boyfriend's family farm. Just my opinion.

Yeah, it seems if I'm not watching QVC, then I'm watching ID. Unless it's Monday night, then I'm watching the Bachelor or the Bachelorette or Bachelor in Paradise or Dancing With the Stars. OK, that's me, How 'bout you?

Life is tough, but I am tougher!!