Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 14,769
Registered: ‎03-15-2014

Re: Anyone here from Columbus, Ohio...or there abouts??


@shoekitty wrote:

Our hotel is downtown Columbus, on Gay Street.  Any recomendations for a great turkey burger, or organic fare,or mexican restaurant or cafe?  I really like artisian, weird and healthy selections when I travel.  I also love good, fresh authentic mexican food.  A great turkey burger with everything on it is my downfall.  With fresh, real potato fries!!!

 

 


You will be only about two miles from the well-known German restaurant, Schmidt's Sausage Haus and Restaurant.  I don't know about a turkey burger but they may have turkey sausage.  It's highly recommended in any case.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor
Posts: 19,779
Registered: ‎09-06-2010

Re: Anyone here from Columbus, Ohio...or there abouts??


@shoekitty@shoekitty wrote:

@BeccaLou wrote:

A really neat restaurant near Campus is "Fudruckers" Great steak sandwiches and fries. Love, Love , loved it.


Shoekitty said

 

i have been to a fudruckers in Burbank, Ca


 @shoekitty.....just a little information on Fudruckers....  They originated down in San Antonio.....and have many eating establishments throughout the country.  We have one just down the road from where i live in St. Louis County.  Yes, their burgers are delicious.  

Honored Contributor
Posts: 10,889
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Anyone here from Columbus, Ohio...or there abouts??


@ShowMe wrote:

@shoekitty@shoekitty wrote:

@BeccaLou wrote:

A really neat restaurant near Campus is "Fudruckers" Great steak sandwiches and fries. Love, Love , loved it.


Shoekitty said

 

i have been to a fudruckers in Burbank, Ca


 @shoekitty.....just a little information on Fudruckers....  They originated down in San Antonio.....and have many eating establishments throughout the country.  We have one just down the road from where i live in St. Louis County.  Yes, their burgers are delicious.  

 

Shoekitty said

 

after much thought I tried to remember what it was about fudruckers I loved.  It was several years ago.  My grandaughter reminded me ot was the truffle fries!!!  They were to die for.


 

Super Contributor
Posts: 429
Registered: ‎03-12-2010

Re: Anyone here from Columbus, Ohio...or there abouts??

I would go see Fiona the premature hippos at the zoo

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,300
Registered: ‎02-14-2017

Re: Anyone here from Columbus, Ohio...or there abouts??

It’s fun to see Fiona, but she lives at the Cincinnati zoo.
Super Contributor
Posts: 429
Registered: ‎03-12-2010

Re: Anyone here from Columbus, Ohio...or there abouts??

D'oh!   my bad

Honored Contributor
Posts: 10,809
Registered: ‎05-13-2010

Re: Anyone here from Columbus, Ohio...or there abouts??

@shoekitty  So Ms Kitty, tell me how much you enjoyed visiting your G'Daughter last weekend in Columbus. DId you have a great time? How did you fill your weekend?

Honored Contributor
Posts: 19,779
Registered: ‎09-06-2010

Re: Anyone here from Columbus, Ohio...or there abouts??


@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@shoekitty  So Ms Kitty, tell me how much you enjoyed visiting your G'Daughter last weekend in Columbus. DId you have a great time? How did you fill your weekend?


I think it's this weekend that she is going to be in Columbus.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 15,408
Registered: ‎05-01-2010

Re: Anyone here from Columbus, Ohio...or there abouts??


@ShowMe wrote:

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@shoekitty  So Ms Kitty, tell me how much you enjoyed visiting your G'Daughter last weekend in Columbus. DId you have a great time? How did you fill your weekend?


I think it's this weekend that she is going to be in Columbus.


@ShowMe.  Yes, you are right, it is this weekend. She is probably out and about.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 15,283
Registered: ‎05-11-2012

Re: Anyone here from Columbus, Ohio...or there abouts??


@Mominohio wrote:

@RollTide2008 wrote:
Actually I grew up in State College, PA which is the best college town anywhere.

I just find Ohio State fans to be uncouth. My child was attacked so savagely in Ohio Stadium after the Penn State game his shoulder was separated. Last week I was spit on by a random stranger. I assume it had something to do with my Penn State jacket. Who knows? Maybe they’re that uncouth to everyone. I can’t even repeat a lot of the verbal abuse I took during the Sandusky trial. I hate it here so much.

 

@RollTide2008

 

IT must be terrible to hate where you live. And I'm sorry you find the OSU fans so terrible, but I have to say, it is a minority as anytime I've been on campus (and even back in the day I attended school there) I find most people to be friendly and kind. 

 

I think that being on 'the other side' and showing it these days, anywhere and in any context, subjects one to unkind/poor treatment unlike any time in my past. It isn't just sports, but spans all kinds of things where people are putting out there, the side of something they are on/believe in. 

 

And it's sad. We used to be able to disagree with someone's team choice, politics, etc. but still be friendly, kind and engaging. I don't like the way that today, everything is an argument. 


@Mominohio, she’s called all Ohio State fans trashy over on the Sports Forum. Says she was spit on while wearing her Bama shirt. Now she says she was spit on wearing her Penn State Jacket. Seems like she gets spit on a lot. And I have called her out on her blanket statement about Ohio State fans ..... a very broad and unfair statement. I got “crickets”.