Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone here from Columbus, Ohio...or there abouts??

@IamMrsG  Plank's just reopend after a huge fire about a year ago. They made massive updates/repairs/redos, made it bigger and better than ever!

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio  Thank you for being kind and speaking out a bit.

@RollTideRoll2008  18-19 year old drunks at footballs games is certainly not my idea of a fun Saturday afternoon or evening. It was unfortunate the treatment a few think is okay to do to others, makes the rest of the 99,999 thousand fans a bad name.

Unfortunately years ago when PSU was let into the Big 10 and had games then on our schedule we made that boring trip to Happy Valley and actually had received the same treatment during our weekend stay. We made the trip a few years and chose to end it after receiving treatment every time. Got so bad that PSU fans were throwing marshmellows filled with pennies at our coaches and team. This was years ago, talk about extreme unsportsmanlike conduct.

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr  I would google what's up in this city for this weekend. I do know it's Homecoming at the OSU vs Indiana game.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell  And good luck if you carry one in your pocket.

Honored Contributor

Our hotel is downtown Columbus, on Gay Street.  Any recomendations for a great turkey burger, or organic fare,or mexican restaurant or cafe?  I really like artisian, weird and healthy selections when I travel.  I also love good, fresh authentic mexican food.  A great turkey burger with everything on it is my downfall.  With fresh, real potato fries!!!

Respected Contributor

Bru Burgers has excellent artisanal burgers, sandwiches, and salads, Portia’s Cafe in Clintonville has very good vegan offerings. Clintonville is a fun neighborhood too.
Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

Great Cbus minds think alike @Lipstickdiva!!!  You mentioned living up north - I hope you're not talking 'that team up north' rivaly!!! And these days even if you are in MI, I wouldn't mind living there now myself for many reasons.

Cap City - for me they're #1 which they don't have all the time is their Walleye, to absolutely die for! If it's on the menu, it's a no-brainer for me.

Without asking names (unless you want to share his last), which dept if you know did your friend work for? I spent 36yrs in Student Life, mostly in the Residence Halls system, then fiscal for my last few years. It was mostly all good but 5 yrs into retirement I don't miss it!

@PINKdogWOOD, I'm in Ohio but up on the lake. 

I just read the way my post was written and it certainly was confusing.  My cousin went to OSU then worked in Columbus for several years after but not at OSU.  Actually he worked in Marysville. 

I always used to say "everything is better in Columbus."  LOL

Honored Contributor

uPDATE. We will be in Columbus, Ohio Friday.  Is it really true it will cool this fri, sat, and sunday???  The reports have been warm all week.  Then I looked at report and it said high of 54!!!  Is this true, or just rumor ?? , lol.. I want it to be cool, as I have tons of light sweaters and light jackets.  I am fresh out of summer clothes!

Honored Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

uPDATE. We will be in Columbus, Ohio Friday.  Is it really true it will cool this fri, sat, and sunday???  The reports have been warm all week.  Then I looked at report and it said high of 54!!!  Is this true, or just rumor ?? , lol.. I want it to be cool, as I have tons of light sweaters and light jackets.  I am fresh out of summer clothes!

@shoekitty........I'm in the St. Louis, MO area, and that is what our weather is supposed to be like here too.  A cold front is moving in.....Yes, you probably will want to take a nice warm sweater for nights, and a jacket for during the day.  Have a good time.

Honored Contributor

@ShowMe wrote:

@shoekitty wrote:

@shoekitty........I'm in the St. Louis, MO area, and that is what our weather is supposed to be like here too.  A cold front is moving in.....Yes, you probably will want to take a nice warm sweater for nights, and a jacket for during the day.  Have a good time.

Shoekitty said,

yahooo! I am from California, and I want to wear my sweaters and jackets.  I haven't even owned a coat for 20 years, and hardly get to wear my jackets I love.  I don't want snow, but cooler weather is appreciated .  I couldn't believe how it just goes from 82 to 54 in a day!!  Thank you for your replyI i appreciate it.