Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone here caught up in the rock craze?

@occasionalrain wrote:

How do these painted rocks lying about look any different from discarded candy wrappers and other litter? I don't care to see junk, which these defaced rocks are, everywhere in parks and other public areas. If you like them, keep them in your own yard.

Maybe if you saw one you might change your mind.  I found one lying at the foot of my mailbox post about a month ago.

It was very cute and the design on it ( a sun with a bee) was charming like a child had painted it.  It  perked up my day just going out to get the mail.  I decided to leave it there but it's now gone.

Respected Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

I live in AZ.........the whole place is a pile of rocks (!)

You got me on that reply!!!  LOL!  

Havent seen or heard about it around here.  I dont get it if you just keep hiding the darn thing.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's happening here in Pennsylvania.  Children and Adults are coloring small flat rocks with cute and inspirational sayings and nice paintings and leaving them for people to find.

They are called kindness rocks.  Supplies are selling great at Michael's.

i think it's great for a community to do something positive and uplifting.  Everyone is having fun and some of the artists are outstanding. I enjoy seeing them.

IMG_0290.JPGIMG_0291.JPGIMG_0292.JPG

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Neighbor...I'm in AZ too, even what should  be grass lawns are rocks. Smiley Sad

@Desertdi wrote:

I live in AZ.........the whole place is a pile of rocks (!)

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam