Esteemed Contributor

Anyone here caught up in the rock craze?

You know...where you find a rock and then hide it again?  Some (all?) are painted.  So you can get your own and paint it and then hide it.

It seems to be everywhere.  

Anyone here participating?

Keepin' it real.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone here caught up in the rock craze?

Umm, that hasn't happened around here. However, my dog has been into this craze for a long time. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

haven't heard of it here in my neck of the woods.  northern ca.  sounds like fun!

Esteemed Contributor

I just began noticing painted rocks at a nearby garden park.  I know they offer children's classes/workshops so I assume the children painted them. I hadn't heard about hiding them.  Maybe that's what they're doing?  Sounds like it would be fun, like an Easter Egg Hunt. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Interesting....while out walking my dogs a few weeks back., I came  across  a painted rock with something written on it....it was small enough to fit in the  palm of my hand. I picked it up, looked  it, and set it back down.  I thought someone must have  lost it or something.  Maybe it was this "craze?"

Esteemed Contributor

Spoiler

The local city council does it for the kids and post it on FB. It got so obnoxious that Disneyland had to ban it.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

I haven't heard of this current craze, but years ago at our former house, we found two rocks. One had "patience" painted on it; the other, "believe." We've kept them.

Unfortunately, I still have little of the former, and I've never had the latter. :-) But somehow, we just can't part with them.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I never heard of that. It definitely is not happening everywhere.   Sounds like something bored 9 year olds might do for fun during summer vacation.   At 57, I don't even understand the attraction.  

Esteemed Contributor

Might be kind of fun as long as I don't have to buy special sunglasses to look at them!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Respected Contributor

It's been going on all summer in our area.  Children and adults have been painting, hiding finding, re-hiding rocks all summer.  Seems to be a fun thing for families to do.