Anyone have the Chargegard Plus? (Q card?)

My mom passed and I found a paper in her fire safe that has no contact info on it.  It does have a title that says 
Chargegard Plus Certificates of Insurance.

It has the name and address of creditor at top that says

QVC Network INC

GE Capital Corporation

It has an account number and certificate number.

It says maximum amount of insurance is $10K. It says a group policy number on it too.

Is this an insurance policy on her Q card balance?  I can't figure out what this is.  I google the company that is also on this paperwork which is "american bankers insurance company of Florida".  I am just confused what I am looking at.  Is this an insurance policy for life insurance?  Is this just to cover debt she has if she passes?  (she has paid her Q card off)

Thank you for any help you might have in this matter.

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone have the Chargegard Plus? (Q card?)

@Gingy8 I do t know what that is but maybe q customer service could give you an idea.It could be some sort of protection in the event she was unable to make monthly payments on her card.

Esteemed Contributor

@Gingy8, it does sound like the credit card insurance program that was offered by GE Capital when it serviced Q Cards.

From what you have posted the beneficiary is QVC (creditor) but since the card had a zero balance and no "insurance" payments have been made it would have no value.

Another consideration is GE Capital no longer services Q Cards.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Trusted Contributor

@Gingy8  Strange how things work out.  I received my Qcard statement today and on the top is an advertisement for $10,000 Optional Card Security protection.  It would pay off your credit card balance under certain conditions.  There is also a monthly fee involved.

It sounds exactly like what you found in your Mothers papers. So it is probably worthless.