Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone have family members having difficulty getting back home from the Holidays?

@Duckncover wrote:

I have a friend whose son, daughter in-law, and their two kids are stuck in Belgium due to passport issues; somehow it is due to Covid, so have no idea how that enters into it, but they were to fly out on Dec 28 and are still there.....but they are visiting family so they are not sleeping on the floor in the airport...

@Duckncover 

I was planning a trip to Greece with some friends for April. I have decided that I have no desire to be stuck in a foreign country and unable to get back to the states so I have bowed out. 

Back on topic I am not sure how people who live in states with snow manage during the winter months. I am from California, so even rain sends me into an irregular heart beat. (smile) I watch the news coverage of these horrible snow storms, and traffic jams and I just thank God that I do not have to deal with inclimate weather on a regular basis.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone have family members having difficulty getting back home from the Holidays?

No way would Uber get $600 from me under those circumstances!

Honored Contributor

The virus will be with us for a long time because of the entitled people who feel living their life, family gathering, vacations...are  more important because they are more important.

I have no sympathy, none, for those whose flights are canceled nor those quarantined on cruse ships.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@icezeus,

I had to laugh when reading your thoughts. My aunt who lives in CA has said almost word for word the same as you.

When I say aren't you scared to always have the fear of earthquakes or fires, she always says more people have died on the east coast in snowstorms, etc.

But still we all know you all in CA are crazy people😁 it's a nice place to visit though!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

Anyone who was so obsessed with just having to be with family over the holidays in spite of all the warning signs and still chose to travel should have known that there have been and would be travel issues due to ongoing staffing problems because of covid outbreaks put themselves in the position they are in!  I actually know of no one who had even large family gatherings locally involving no long distance travel!

People were warned about this.  Not sure why so many people traveled.  Airlines are a mess.  What about people who still find it necessary to take cruises.   What a mess they are.