Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone have a puppy shipped to you on an airplane?

On 3/4/2015 Goldenlocks said:

My girl was flown from Puerto Rico to Boston then travelled to Worcester. I got her from the Worcester Animal Rescue League, a/k/a WARL. They have been flying dogs out of PR for years in order to save them from the horrible abuses down there. I am sure if you call them during normal business hours, they could advise you. Just look online. They are located in Worcester, MA.

Golden locks I grew up in Grafton. My parents were from Worcester.
Honored Contributor

On 3/7/2015 conlt said: I would not do it too dangerous and traumatic for the puppy. I purchased a puppy from far away in 2008. I flew about 1000 miles, I carried her back in a soft carrier under the seat in front of me. Her ticket was $69. I carried a little food in the pocket of the carrier. Wee wee pads. I used an individual handicapped bath room in the airport to offer her food and water. I met her mom and dad and saw the home in which she was born, she is a wonderful girl and I love her so much. That is the only way I would fly a puppy. Right by my side.

Unfortunately the bigger dogs can't fly this way.

Honored Contributor

I drove to another state to get my last dog. A couple we know had some very pricey hunting dogs delivered to them by plane. Then they sent them to a hunting/training center by plane. I'm not sure anyone was with the dogs. I know they weren't. They didn't have any problems. They paid big bucks for all of this but they had it.