Super Contributor

Re: Anyone have a package that the post office lost?

[ Edited ]

@de1rdre   I took a QVC return item to the post office on 11/23/20.  The clerk there told me those items are handled by a 3rd party and it could be a month before pickup.  I just received an email from QVC on 12/19 saying they had received my item and were issuing a refund.

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@zanna  @Pearlee  @itsmagic  @shoesnbags  @Nightowlz  Stop the presses!!!!   They found my package!  I will be getting it tomorrow.  And boo  hooto to ShopHQ for telling me I will have to fill out claim because the package was lost. Bad customer service!

@songbird 

I guess usps is so busy they cannot keep up with tracking.

Normally when my packages get to Tx if there is not movement in a day or two it's lost. Not right now during all this shipping.

I never did get one package which I cancelled the order & had credit issued. I will reorder next year when usps is not so busy.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@songbird wrote:

@zanna  @Pearlee  @itsmagic  @shoesnbags  @Nightowlz  Stop the presses!!!!   They found my package!  I will be getting it tomorrow.  And boo  hooto to ShopHQ for telling me I will have to fill out claim because the package was lost. Bad customer service!

@songbird 

I guess usps is so busy they cannot keep up with tracking.

Normally when my packages get to Tx if there is not movement in a day or two it's lost. Not right now during all this shipping.

I never did get one package which I cancelled the order & had credit issued. I will reorder next year when usps is not so busy.

They never found the package?  Wow.  I was scared the package that sat in distribution center in  my state, that someone up there helped them selves to my package.  (It's a  18K ring and it wasn't cheap)  That's why I was so worried.

Honored Contributor

@zanna wrote:

@de1rdre   I took a QVC return item to the post office on 11/23/20.  The clerk there told me those items are handled by a 3rd party and it could be a month before pickup.  I just received an email from QVC on 12/19 saying they had received my item and were issuing a refund.

It seems like they don't know what is going on sometimes.  That was terrible what that clerk told you.  I was told 3 different stories (1 from ShopHQ, 1 from local post office and 1 from USPS.com)

Esteemed Contributor

Possibly.  I mailed two packages both to the same state but different addresses on December 3.  They were both supposed to arrive on December 7.  One was received but not the other.  We'll see, but doesn't look promising.

Respected Contributor

@songbird  I've had a package from Macy's sitting in a post office 3 hours from me since December 10! 

I know things are a little crazy right now, but this is a Christmas present for my DH who has never asked for this type of item before. I was so excited to be able to get him something different this year, and now it's probably not going to show up in time!

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

I might be in that siguation.  I have a package I am waiting on for.  It arrived at the post office but the status is "Package transferred to Post office"  It has been that status since 12/15/20.  Does that mean it's lost?  Anyone know?

@songbird @This happened to me a couple of months ago. I finally received my package. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I know the employees are trying to do their best. But it is frustrating for the rest of us. DH sent an important packet a month ago (work related) by priority mail with a signed receipt. It was going to a city in the same state. Tracking indicates it is sitting in a post office in DC. No one can do anything until it gets there and it can't be duplicated. It's causing a lot of problems. 

I've had to put a stop payment on a mailed check from mid-November that still hasn't reached its destination, and we are awaiting packages and letters sent a while ago.

I hope everything gets to everyone eventually.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

I might be in that siguation.  I have a package I am waiting on for.  It arrived at the post office but the status is "Package transferred to Post office"  It has been that status since 12/15/20.  Does that mean it's lost?  Anyone know?

@songbird.  It means its sitting there with thousands of others, and no one has had time to sort them for the carriers.  Its probably not lost.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Several from Nordstrom and one from Bath & Body Works- I am also STILL waiting on packages from weeks ago!