Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone have a package that the post office lost?

Forget waiting on packages, five of my bills are now overdue.  I mailed them on December 15 in more than enough time and my creditors still have not received them and they are now past due.  After calls to all of them I ended up paying them by phone and insured I was not charged late fees.  What a hassle getting people on the phone instead of a recording. This means I will have doubled my payments for the month if they are received and cashed. I'm leary to mail anything now.  What a nightmare.

Esteemed Contributor

Santa Mask since end of November. Coming from China perhaps.  Tracking said it was in California.  I wanted it for hubby, combo mask with Santa beard (furry texture).  I was on Facebook and an ad popped up.  I never should have bought it. Paid for it with Paypal and they finally gave me credit back on my card.  Finally!  The business told me it was the weather and poor mail distribution.  The point is:  I expected to get it since I gave it more than a month to show up and more than a month  to have postive hopeful tracking.  I learned my lesson.... if it "ain't on Amazon" or popular shopping networks I ain't buying it."

Valued Contributor

So I have an item I bought on Etsy for my Mom (for Christmas) - it left Durham, NC on Tues, Dec 15th @ 2:17 pm; arrived in Greensboro, NC on Sat, Dec 19th @ 3:04 am; that same day it left at 10:57 am for Washington, DC distribution center (mind you my parent's mail is normally sorted in Richmond, VA); says it arrived at 4:01 am on Sun, Dec 20th in DC and left DC on Mon, Dec 21st @ 3:26 am left DC but doesn't same where it was going or anything - last thing on tracking is Dec 25th package is still in transit and will be late (no kidding original arrival date was Dec 18th - 22nd).

I guess if it still hasn't shown up by this coming Monday I will contact the Etsy seller to see if she can find out anything about the package.

Esteemed Contributor

@debfau wrote:

So I have an item I bought on Etsy for my Mom (for Christmas) - it left Durham, NC on Tues, Dec 15th @ 2:17 pm; arrived in Greensboro, NC on Sat, Dec 19th @ 3:04 am; that same day it left at 10:57 am for Washington, DC distribution center (mind you my parent's mail is normally sorted in Richmond, VA); says it arrived at 4:01 am on Sun, Dec 20th in DC and left DC on Mon, Dec 21st @ 3:26 am left DC but doesn't same where it was going or anything - last thing on tracking is Dec 25th package is still in transit and will be late (no kidding original arrival date was Dec 18th - 22nd).

I guess if it still hasn't shown up by this coming Monday I will contact the Etsy seller to see if she can find out anything about the package.

I also had a late Etsy item that was supposed to arrive by the 21st and it arrived today. So hopefully yours will be delivered soon. Now pending one more item but somehow it was back ordered but this one is coming by Fed Ex. 

Honored Contributor

Not lost probably just "touring" the good ole USA.  I haven't had any of my monthly bank statements or other bills delivered as yet!!! 

Third day no mail 🤔🤷‍♀️.  I mailed a small package Tampa to Orlando on 12/16 (not christmas present) today it's in NC 🤔...wonder when it'll make its way to recipient -- anybody's guess!!!

I'm thinking holidays over and so is the "priority of USPS to get deliveries to recipients".  I seem to think more packages will go

from "traveling" to "lost" @songbird ☹️☹️☹️

You can call the postmaster at the post office office and they can trace OR fill out lost claim on USPS.  I go directly to my local PO because tracking is inaccurate.

🤞🏻you get your package

@songbird wrote:

I might be in that siguation.  I have a package I am waiting on for.  It arrived at the post office but the status is "Package transferred to Post office"  It has been that status since 12/15/20.  Does that mean it's lost?  Anyone know?

Honored Contributor

I've got $60+ in plants that were packed for shipping on the first with a 72 hour heatpack. They were supposed to arrive on the fourth, but have been "delayed" and are somewhere, but the tracking doesn't show where they are. I'm hoping they're someplace warmish so there's a chance they're still alive. Mail delivery here had been fine with packages coming on time, but this one got delayed somewhere along the way. (Hopefully someplace warm.)

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!