Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone have a package that the post office lost?

@songbird wrote:

@furbabylover wrote:

@songbird  It could go either way. Right now I have 3 packages in your situation. It's happened to me before that half the time the item is lost, and half the time the package gets delivered without any notice.

That's what I'm wondering.  I contacted the seller (Shophq) who thinks it time for a claim.  My local post office says it's not lost.   USPS is investigating.

I am at a one month delay for one package.  I filled out the "where is my package" form and they closed it out without a response about where the package was!  This package did sit in Philly twice so far but escaped and is in the midwest right now.  Or so they say.

Valued Contributor

I had a package sitting in Columbia, MO since 12/5.  It just moved to IL.  Still has a ways to go.  But all hope may not yet be lost regarding your package.  Good luck!

Honored Contributor

Yes and after a month I requested and received a refund. 

Honored Contributor

Right now I have 4 packages out there in post office never never land.

One that I mailed and 3 coming to me.  They all say the dreaded "delayed" and have said that for days and days.

The package I mailed to my friend on the 10th, to go one town over, has been sitting at the Atlanta distribution center since the night of the 10th.  For those counting, it's been there for 11 days. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@songbird 

I placed an order with HSN which shipped on the 1st. It just got here. In the mean time HSN shipped out another of the same. I have received both now. The lost one is back in my mailbox right now to ship back to HSN.

My package was received in Tx on the 3rd but tracking never changed until later last week.

I have another package that should have already been here. The tracking on it shows on it's way but will be dealyed. Nothing I need so no big deal. 

Esteemed Contributor

Don't lose hope.  I just checked on my missing package before posting about it on this thread, and Voila! it's out for delivery.  It's an eBay purchase that was mailed from Ft. Wayne, Indiana on Dec. 11.  Tracking stopped on Dec. 13 in Indianapolis.  Nothing since then.  Given everything I've been reading, I figured that my chances of ever receiving it were 50/50.  Hopefully it actually arrives at my house today.🤞

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

I had that happen too and after nothing happening for two weeks I filled out a missing mail inquiry at USPS.  They replied that I needed to contact the shipper (the Q). So I contacted the great social team here and I was sent a replacement. Then to my surprise a month later a package showed up in my mail and it was the original order.  I promptly returned it. 

Honored Contributor

@songbird. If there is a package lost, then nobody here "has" it. 😄

Super Contributor

@songbird   Exactly what happened to me last spring.  I had splurged on a $50 neck serum and never received the package.  Last tracking indicated it had arrived at the local post office.  I called the local post office and was directed to a contact who was working with me.  We spoke on the phone a couple of times and I emailed information to him as requested.  Then, poof!, he vanished.  The phone number I had been using to reach him suddenly no longer worked.  No answer to emails, either.  Very suspicious.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@zanna  @Pearlee  @itsmagic  @shoesnbags  @Nightowlz  Stop the presses!!!!   They found my package!  I will be getting it tomorrow.  And boo  hooto to ShopHQ for telling me I will have to fill out claim because the package was lost. Bad customer service!