Honored Contributor

Anyone have a package that the post office lost?

I might be in that siguation.  I have a package I am waiting on for.  It arrived at the post office but the status is "Package transferred to Post office"  It has been that status since 12/15/20.  Does that mean it's lost?  Anyone know?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone have a package that the post office lost?

Next time you need to go to PO (I'm not suggesting you stand in line this week) check.  I order a lot on line and lost an EBay pkg 2 mths ago but nothing since ( only have one Stay pkg left endure ).

Valued Contributor

@songbird  It could go either way. Right now I have 3 packages in your situation. It's happened to me before that half the time the item is lost, and half the time the package gets delivered without any notice.

Esteemed Contributor

@songbird  My package shipped from Chicago on Dec. 1, arrived in Philly on Dec. 10, and it has not moved since then. We saw a news story about the distribution center in Philly. There was a huge room filled nearly to the ceiling with boxes waiting to go out and no one to process them. Very frustrating.

Frequent Contributor

I have a QVC return, mailed 12/4, that has been sitting at the PO in Rocky Mount, NC (destination PO) since 12/10.  Maybe the Q will eventually send someone over to collect its return packages.  Ho ho ho.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@songbird wrote:

I might be in that siguation.  I have a package I am waiting on for.  It arrived at the post office but the status is "Package transferred to Post office"  It has been that status since 12/15/20.  Does that mean it's lost?  Anyone know?

my poshmark packages from 2 weeks ago are now just getting updates,  just need to wait it out 

these are all 2/3  day Priority Mail !  now it's 2/3 weeks 

Honored Contributor

@furbabylover wrote:

@songbird  It could go either way. Right now I have 3 packages in your situation. It's happened to me before that half the time the item is lost, and half the time the package gets delivered without any notice.

That's what I'm wondering.  I contacted the seller (Shophq) who thinks it time for a claim.  My local post office says it's not lost.   USPS is investigating.

Respected Contributor

The one they received November 26 is still there. I'll get it I guess after the New Year.

Honored Contributor

Yes to the question, 2 of them mailed on the 3rd of this month from Cape Cod to Central NY. They have been stuck in Rochester, NY for almost 3 weeks. They are stocking stuffers for my grandkids and a dog blanket for my son and his family's new puppy.Woman Frustrated Woman Sad Woman Mad

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

@songbird. I had a package that arrived at the LV Distribution Center in June; it was delivered at the end of August.  I called the PO several times and finally a very nice woman promised to check to check on it.

Good luck and Merry Christmas.