Honored Contributor

Anyone have AT&T UVerse for tv?

We currently have Comcast cable and they raised our rates again.  After 5 phone calls to them, I was able to get them to lower our rate a little, but in between all the phone calls I called AT&T and talked to them about Uverse tv.  We already have Uverse internet and have been pleased with it.

Just looking for opinions on Uverse tv- do you like it?  Easy to use?  Installation issues?

Thanks!

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone have AT&T UVerse for tv?

We have had UVerse for 5 years.  We are very happy with the service but......

They dropped The Hallmark Channel right after we made the switch from ComCast. I'm still not happy with that.

They have consistantly raised rates just like ComCast did. ComCast cable was bad.  I haven't tried recently, but when I tried to get them to lower our rates they said no deal.

Respected Contributor

have had UVerse for about 2 1/2 years and am content.  i don't think there is any price advantage any more - of course they make it worth your while at the beginning like others.  the big difference is that i suffer no aggravation -  like i did with Time Warner.  TW never seemed to know when they had an outage, always made everything inconvenient -  my blood pressure used to go up just seeing their bill arrive.   not that UVerse is perfect -  but i feel they try harder!

Frequent Contributor

My next door neighbor had uverse for a few days but went back to Charter a few days ago because AT&T  did so many under handed things about her service.

Esteemed Contributor

You may find answers for your questions about install and ease of use. http://www.dslreports.com/forum/277

Honored Contributor

We have UVerse.  First by AT&T; then Frontier took over.

I'm not that impressed with it, but I'm not a big TV watcher.

Respected Contributor

I have Uverse wireless internet but not the Uverse TV. So I can't comment regarding the TV. But when I first signed up for the wireless they gave me a special deal for a year. However when my first bill arrived they did not give me the special deal. I had to fight with them to honor their original deal. It was very frustrating and time consuming. So be careful to write down everything they tell you if you decide to go with them.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

We have had UVerse on our computers and line line phones for some time now and are very well pleased with that. However, we declined the television connection because they do not offer the Hallmark Channels and a couple of others that DH enjoys,  The Hallmark Channels are what I watch most of the time, so it's not for me.

A representative told me that they have "something similar to the Hallmark Channels" that they can offer. My answer was that the Kia's and the BMW's are someting similar each too, but I wouldn't think that they would be mutually acceptable to some.

Just be sure that UVerse offers you the channels you want on tv before you switch.

BTW, someone above mentioned that Uverse had dropped the Hallmark Channels. It is just the opposite. They are unabale to get the Hallmark Channels because Hallmark won't give them access for some reason. I've been told this over and over by  ATT.  DirecTV is owned by ATT now, but they still offer the Hallmark Channels and will continue to do so. We use them for our tv viewing and we are very well pleased with DirecTV.  Their channel selecion is excellent and they can usually fix prblems over the phone.

Honored Contributor

I just recently switched from Comcast to AT&T U-verse.  While I feel they are better than Comcast by a mile, I still had/have issues with them.

The installation didn't go well at all.  My original order was messed up and then the follow up was "caught in the pipeline" so I had nothing for about two days.  The finally got it working and then I got the bill which they clipped me for fees not noted during our previous conversations.  When I started rattling off who I talked to and what was said, all charges were dropped (yes, do take good notes).

Then I got the second bill.  Again, way too high and too many phone calls and e-chats to take care of it but again I got the overcharges dropped.

They claim they want to do business with me and keep me as a client for life but I am not looking forward to when this contract is up (actually I am not looking forward to next month's bill).  I was fully prepared to drop cable all together and since I am not happy with the phone service either that can go too.  I am set up for broadcast TV and Netflix/Hulu so if it doesn't go well again I will drop as much as I can and stay away from as many providers as possible.

I do like the channel selections and I am happy with the price I eventually negotiated.  I find their channel guide and other services to be much better than Comcast and getting the DVR for life is a nice perk (plus they threw in the wireless receiver but I think they do that because it's less installation work and future maintenance for them so I think we both get that gift).

Noel warned me about them and she was right.  I always like doing business with AT&T but I am disappointed.  They are not nearly as bad as Comcast but they aren't the company I was used to dealing with.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't have UVerse, and I'm sure it may depend on where you are, but I have heard nothing but complaints about it in my area. People saying they switched to save money and wound up paying more for less, reception and outage problems, etc.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines