Esteemed Contributor

Anyone get their tax refund yet?

I was just wondering how long they are taking this year.....

My Accountant said 21 days.....

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Anyone get their tax refund yet?

Filed on feb 12th received direct deposit on feb 17th diect deposit both state and federal

Regular Contributor

We filed on the 16th Feb and received my State refund yesterday, but no word on the Federal as of yet.

Respected Contributor

Refund? What refund? I haven't received one of those in years. Heck, I just finally got the last of my brokerage 1099's last week and passed all of the files off to my accountant before heading back south. 

If, for some reason, we screwed up our tax planning and I did receive a refund, it would just be applied to the next tax year's estimated payments. I'd much prefer to owe a small amount. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

I'm not getting a federal refund this year. I hope to from the state.

I took our stuff to our accountant 3 weeks ago and she's still not finished, which is surprising. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Super Contributor

Yes, filed Feb. 13th, it was deposited Feb. 24th.

Trusted Contributor

I filed 2/5 and got my refund last Friday. Pretty quick. 

Honored Contributor

I heard on the news there could be delays for some people who are expecting refunds. They didn't specify who would be included. My return was accepted on the 10th and the status says it's still being processed.

Trusted Contributor

Refund?? LOL  rare I get one of those.  I haven't even started mine yet.  I figure I'll do the deep dive this weekend.  I'm never in a hurry.  I hate doing them.  I had them done once it was more of a pain than it was worth.  They charge too much for something I can do in Turbo Tax in less time for less money.  Keeping my fingers crossed for the little arrow to be more in the green zone than the red!  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Haven't done it yet.  Doubt we'll get any refund. Don't usually get one.  We end up paying each time. I don't know what a refund is. We usually do the dirty deed close to April.  

Can't even do the do it yourself taxes.  Too complicated.  We pay dearly for someone else to do it. Each year it's a complicated hunt to pay the least.