Honored Contributor

Anyone get the new gmail "Snooze" ?

I did.  You have to accept it.  I think it becomes mandatory in a month or so.  Lots of people upset about it.  I was.  But I finally figured out how to display it to be  similar to the classic version.  Now, I kind of like it.  Nice calendar with it.  This is my primary email. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone get the new gmail "Snooze" ?

i have gmail and have never heard of SNOOZE.

i do not use my gmail account as my major email account.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I use a gmail address but filter my mail through mac mail.  I'll keep any eye out but I haven't seen anything about it.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

I use a gmail address but filter my mail through mac mail.  I'll keep any eye out but I haven't seen anything about it.

I got a message popped up on gmail yesterday.  I heard about it earlier on twitter.  I thought you could keep the classic version, but you can't.  I  agreed to change it and opened it.  Hated it at first, but finally figured out how to display it.  Now I'm cool with it.  But some other people are upset about it. Right now you have an option to op out of it, but in a month or so, apparently not.  Snooze is another option for the in mail.  This link explains it.

https://techcrunch.com/2018/04/25/say-hello-to-the-new-gmail-with-self-destructing-messages-email-sn...

Esteemed Contributor

Interesting.  I like my mac mail.  We'll see what happens.  Thanks, @songbird!

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

another reason to hate google more.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use gmail too. My email comes in using Windows Live Mail. DH also has gmail his email comes in on Outlook.

I won't notice the change unless I login to my other throw away gmail acct I hardly use.

I never heard of Snooze either.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nonametoday...you are right....not a fan of google.

I had to do something withmy MacBook Air, I can't remember what and there is was the NEW and IMPROVED G-Mail...it's ok but the panel on the left side bugs me.  I do not like change when it comes to my electronics, I get used to something and the next thing you know they want to improve it.

edited:  Snooze is just one of the new features....I use my email for work and pleasure so snooze is not an option I would use.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

I had to do something withmy MacBook Air, I can't remember what and there is was the NEW and IMPROVED G-Mail...it's ok but the panel on the left side bugs me.  I do not like change when it comes to my electronics, I get used to something and the next thing you know they want to improve it.

edited:  Snooze is just one of the new features....I use my email for work and pleasure so snooze is not an option I would use.

I had trouble with the display of labels on the left side.  It wouldn't line up.  I finally found what I was doing wrong.  It does pretty much look like the classic design but with a gorgeous (and I do mean gorgeous) calendar on the right side. Love the set up of the calendar.  I'll skip the snooze feature.  And it's wiped out my spam.  No spam!!!

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

I had trouble with the display of labels on the left side.  It wouldn't line up.  I finally found what I was doing wrong.  It does pretty much look like the classic design but with a gorgeous (and I do mean gorgeous) calendar on the right side. Love the set up of the calendar.  I'll skip the snooze feature.  And it's wiped out my spam.  No spam!!!

@songbird  Based on what we have heard in the Congressional hearings, all your information was probably sent to NSA for selling to the enemies.  Smiley Sad