Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone get a sore throat with mask wearing?

@SuhseK I am really bad at it.  Yet another reason for me to force myself to drink up.  

Honored Contributor

@Ladybug724 HeartSmiley Happy Thank you!

Frequent Contributor

@Laura14 try washing the mask more often or get several and wash every evening.  Masks are easy to wash in the sink and dry quickly.  As another poster stated better sore throat from a mask then a ventilator!

Honored Contributor

@BeingKindIsEasy Thanks!  I am not quitting wearing one.  Just wondering if I can make it a more pleasant experience.  

Respected Contributor

No sore throat here, but you've gotten a lot of good suggestions on how you might be able to alleviate the problem.  Not surprised that some people have issues from breathing in the carbon dioxide they've just exhaled.  But it's by far the lesser of two evils.

Respected Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@Ladybug724 HeartSmiley Happy Thank you!

My pleasure! You didn't deserve that responseHeartCat Very Happy

Frequent Contributor

@Laura14  I wear glasses and had a hard time with masks and glasses fogging up.  I found good tips but my mask was always falling down, glasses fogging up or couldn't breathe.  I started with disposable masks, then moved to all organic cotton, homemade (not by me), Lug and now Tommy Copper.  Nothing worked well for me.  I love Lug bags but not their masks.  I felt that I couldn't breathe and actually felt closterphobic.  Then I tried Tommy Copper and I found a mask that fit well and believe it or not glasses fogging is minimal.  I purchased several and wash every night.  My organic cotton masks need to be ironed to look presentable and I don't iron clothes so doubt I will iron masks.  Keep trying different styles until you find one that works for you.  Hope you find one that works for you.

Trusted Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@SuhseK I am really bad at it.  Yet another reason for me to force myself to drink up.  

--------

Fully knowing how important it is, I still can find myself, getting busy, and just not doing it. But, I try hard! 

Re: masks, do I find them annoying, $#@Yes! Do, I wear them, of course! 

Over many years, in the medical field, I am constantly amazed, by the power of the mind, and positivity, in health and healing. Instead of dwelling on all I dislike about mask wearing, I choose to tell myself I'm doing something positive, proactive, that, I'm helping me and other people, I'm part of the solution! 

Cheesy?  Maybe! But, I've never known any good to come from dwelling on the negatives! And if my mask is the cutest one in the office, it's good😈

Trusted Contributor

@Laura14  Yes and it's due to my being a mouth breather and an asthmatic. I have to be careful because I've triggered asthma attacks by breathing too rapidly in my mask (not uncommon because of the the sensation of no air flow for me). I have had to learn how to breathe differently when in a mask; nothing else changes it.

What REALLY bothers me is having severely chapped lips; to the point they crack and bleed. Nothing I've used helps beyond not wearing a mask for at least a week and keeping hydrating lip balm on them and no lipstick.

Not going to stop wearing a mask when going out so bloody lips it is. Smiley Tongue

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Honored Contributor

@SuhseK @BeingKindIsEasy Thanks!  I am actually searching for some new fabric masks now.  I will look those up.

@FiddleDeeDee I am so sorry!  I don't know if you've ever tried the Beekman 1802 balms but I find they have really helped with my chapped lips from years past.  Burts Bees is also a good brand that helped as well.