Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone get a sore throat with mask wearing?

I have never or heard of that  issue. Having asthma at first I didnt like the mask but wore it and as times gone on wearing one, I dont have any issues now. Guess I had to get used to wearing it.

Regular Contributor

Are you wearing a clean mask each time?

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

I have asthma and other assorted allergies and I have absolutely no issues with masks

Therefore, I guess no one else can have issues with masks? Believe it or not, some people do have a great deal of difficulty and are unable to wear them. I am very empathetic towards those people as they can virtually go nowhere. 

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@haddon9 I don't think I am sick.  I really think I got the actual virus months ago.  

I just noticed it happens every time I go shopping and then disappears the next day.  Just odd so I wondered if anyone else experienced it.  

@Laura14  Could it be allergies?  I didn't get allergies until I was in my 40s so one can get them when you're older.

Honored Contributor

@reiki604 No that's why I thought I would ask.

@Lucky Dog I thought that too.  I may go back to the handmade one my mom gave me. Come to think of it, I didn't have any issues the one and only time I wore it but it wasn't for very long.

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 Could be.  I honestly thought mowing the lawn might have been it last week because I am allergic to grass although I haven't gotten a reaction in years now.

Interesting.  I guess I'll switch masks to a fabric one and see if that helps since it's apparently just me.  

Thanks all for the suggestions.  

Esteemed Contributor

You are one gusty lady to dare to mention.  I have been too chicken.

Yes, on my visits out to the hospital I wear my own disposable ones so I don't waste theirs.  Keep it on for quite a while.

Every single time I get the worst sore throat.  Did not ever happen pre mask.

I think there is "something" in the manufacturing process.  No problems with my washed cloth ones.

Honored Contributor

@Still Raining Thank you!  I guess it must be the manufactured ones that don't like me either.  Back to fabric.  Heart

Super Contributor

To add on to my first post, are you maybe subconsciously breathing through your mouth, and the material the mask is made of is irritating your throat?

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Dog Sounds like it.  I am going to switch back to my fabric one.