Honored Contributor

Anyone get a sore throat with mask wearing?

Not looking to start trouble, obviously I am wearing it, but I get a sore throat after doing so.  

Thought last weekend I had just picked up a little bug but wore it again this weekend and it's back so I think it's definitely the face covering.

Just wondering if anyone else has found this too and what if anything special you've found to help.  

Regular Contributor

Re: Anyone get a sore throat with mask wearing?

Bdtter a bit of  sore throat from a mask than a ventilator.

Honored Contributor

I have asthma and other assorted allergies and I have absolutely no issues with masks

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@Laura14   No I haven't but I do find it hard to breathe sometimes and depending on the mask that I'm wearing my glasses get fogged up....overall it is annoying but yes I wear it because I do believe it gives a bit of protection. 

However one can still get the virus while wearing a mask.

New Contributor

or more likely nothing at all...shame on you...more people are probably getting sick from the frequent mask wear than from the virus..fear mongering is a very dangerous disease

Esteemed Contributor

No...but my chin breaks out if it is hot outside...and I'mm 64...

Respected Contributor

On hot days it is not the most comfortable feeling, and my glasses fog.  Those are my only issues with mask wearing.  I will continue to wear one.

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 I don't think I am sick.  I really think I got the actual virus months ago.  

I just noticed it happens every time I go shopping and then disappears the next day.  Just odd so I wondered if anyone else experienced it.  

Respected Contributor

@Laura14 , I know you have a science background from your studies as a pharmacy tech. Does anything you learned support your issue?

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Super Contributor

Hard to describe, but you know how some people's eyes water when they smell fumes?  Maybe it is throat irritation from breathing in the scent that may be on the inside of the mask.