Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone excited for Olympics Friday?

I love Winter Olympics but only watch some gymnastics and maybe done diving during summer Olympics. I don't care for the ceremonies which go on for do long and will not watch opening and closing. The stories about Rio's water pollution and crime are a turnoff. Add Zika virus and news about terrible conditions of badly built athletes' housing, and it all sounds pretty grim. Australian athletes vacating their housing during a fire were robbed of clothing and electronics! 

Esteemed Contributor

Not interested at all.

Honored Contributor

I might watch part of the opening ceremonies but probably that's all. The awful conditions they are showing make it a lot less interesting for me. I hope our athletes do well though!

Honored Contributor

I was at the PGA Championship yesterday.  One of the golfers, who will be going to Rio, had just putted his ball and everyone started chanting 'USA USA USA'. 

Then some nut job started chanting 'ZIKA ZIKA ZIKA'.  The golfer (can't remember his name lol) just looked at him like he was some kind of a nut.

Honored Contributor

@Marienkaefer2 wrote:

There are always dire predictions before hand, but everything always works out in the end.

Not just dire predictions. Some pretty nasty things have been happening for weeks.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

For those of you going to watch, which station are you going to choose? I wish I knew which one will have the best coverage (i.e. the least amount of choppines in coverage) and focus on the main events.

Honored Contributor

I'm honestly scared for the athletes.