Super Contributor

Re: Anyone ever have their luggage lost by an airline?

We flew first class to Maui years ago and our luggage was missing when we landed in L.A. on our return flight.We filled out the lost luggage form and drove home. The next morning our luggage was found and delivered to our house. That's the only time we've flown first class.
Respected Contributor

Yes, I have had an airline lose my luggage.....twice.   I was very fortunate that it happened on the return trip both times.  They didn't actually lose, they misplaced it both times.  My suitcase never made it onto the carosel, so I reported it and both times, they found my suitcase with a few days and had someone deliver it right to my door.  No damage and nothing missing.  So now, whenever we travel, I carry a days' worth of necessities and clothes in my carry on. 

Honored Contributor

Yes. A long time ago. Luckily it was on the way home from a trip not going there. Thankfully the airport had someone drive over to drop off our luggage that night.

Honored Contributor

Yes my luggage went 'missing' at Heathrow during my last visit to the UK.  The airline paid for me buy new clothes.