Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone ever get a new car for Christmas as a gift?

@Bri36 wrote:

No, I havn't.

I always wonder where the giant red bow comes from   

LOL

@Bri36From a giant elf?

Image result for movie elf pictures

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Valued Contributor

Many years ago,I was driving an old old car,to work each day,hoping it would not break down,but knew  it was all we could afford.All I wanted for Christmas,was a decent set of pans.Well Iwas excited on Christmas morning,I opened my gift and it was a set of pans.My son said look inside of the pan,I didn.t know why ,but I did it and there were some keys.He said look in the driveway,I knew it was a joke....but they insisted and what I say was the prettiest blue oldsmobile,with a large red ribbon,on it.I was speechless! It was a Christmas I will hold in my heart.not because of the car.but my hosband and his being so caring to do it!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Every time I see these car ads at Christmas I say who gets a car for Christmas? Oh the Hiltons and Rockefellers I guess, not me! lol. (And I wouldn't want a car for Christmas anyway!). But someone must be getting them since the ads are on every year.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Esteemed Contributor

Sick of these repeated car commercials shown over and over.

Only thing I enjoy about them is the music and the pets in them.

Soon they are ending for Christmas anyway.

The President's Day sales are right around the corner.

Honored Contributor

@Nataliesgramma

Many years ago, I actually DID get a car for my birthday from my new husband.   He was a romantic, and I'd been looking at cars from time to time but just never followed through.   Without a doubt, one of my best birthday gifts, ever.

There was a big red bow on top of it when we came to the showroom, and the sales manager said the guys were anxious to see the woman was getting a NEW CAR as a gift.   LOL   Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

A friend of my mother, his wife surprised him w/a Jag for xmas complete w/the giant red bow.  The bow comes from the dealership.

Wify told my mom that the dealership gave her the keys a week before they delivered the Jag early xmas morning while everyone was asleep.

The husband nearly fainted.

=============

I factory ordered my car.  4 months later when it arrived, the sales person drove it to my house w/that giant red bow on it.  The bow is hanging in my bedroom over my bed.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

I have to buy my own............but at least, I can get the one I want (!)

@Desertdi

Even though mine was a gift, I got to pick it out. The person giving it to me helped me; we spent a lot of time researching options, etc. and I got exactly what I wanted!

I was also surprised once with a used car gift but I had no notice or involvement in its purchase. While it was also a blessing, it was not a car I’d have picked and it soon turned out to be a nightmare of a money pit. 

Respected Contributor

I'm not sure this qualifies...but when I was in high school, the car dealership LOANED my father a really fancy sports car to try out.. back then they did that...not sure about now....anyway, my dad said that I could go to the garage and back that fancy car out and I could drive to school !!!.........YIPPEE.... So, I ran out to the garage, got in that fancy smancy new sports car and backed out........

WHERE THE HECK DID THAT TREE COME FROM :C ??!!

I backed into it bad.......and had to go inside and tell my father... jeeez......

Hung head low I said "Dad, you know that new car they gave you, well it's not new anymore..."

Awful morning.....My poor father....The dealership took it back but never loaned another to us.....so, a moment of a new car...

Sort of.

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Occasional Contributor

Thank you!  Well,  our son opened the box that contained a special keychain holding the key to the car.  He said "What is this?"  My husband said, oh, it's just an extra key to my car -- you can use it whenever you want when you're home.  Our son said, that's really nice -- thank you.  Then, my husband said, I need your help in the morning fixing the garage door -- do you mind?  DS says no problem -- just wake me whenever you want.  DH says let's go take a look at it now and I'll show you what I need you to do.  We walk into the garage, DS sees the car and is literally speechless (you know it's hard for him as he is a fairly new lawyer -- having graduated from law school in 2014!).  He then says he cannot believe it, the car is perfect, we are perfect, the best parents he could ever hope for, and he has tears running down his cheeks.  It was the B-E-S-T Christmas!