Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone ever get a new car for Christmas as a gift?

@Maine Rose wrote:

My husband and I just bought our son a new Nissan Sentra as his birthday/Christmas gift.  He has no idea and will be arriving home tonight!  I have a big red bow on it and we have had it in our garage for the past month.  I can't wait to see the expression on our son's face. 

@Maine Rose That is absolutely wonderful. Imagne the joy. Please come back and tell us how the presentation unfolds. That ought to be one really happy boy!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Only in my dreams.....

Respected Contributor

I never did for Christmas but on our 50th Anniversary two years ago (October 2015) my husband bought me a new Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SUV in Octane Blue. He had retired a few years before me so he used some of his retirement money so we had no payments. We never had a honeymoon and we don't travel so this was a special gift. I think he wanted this too.

I will always keep this SUV and it only has 1,800 miles on it as right after he bought it I became sick with my pancreas. I am blessed as I am doing great now and making a special Christmas for my husband, kids, and Grandchildren.

It sure is true to count your blessings. I do every day and "all of you" are included. That is my biggest gift.

My sisters husband got her a new car on her birthday years ago. It was a Dodge sports car in white and he put a huge red bow on it and hid in their garage. She has since traded it in but will never forget that moment. 

Honored Contributor

I never owned a new car....they all have been used. The one I drive now is a 1989 white Pontiac Firebird I bought 1 yr old in 1990 for $7,999  Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

Hi, all,  I've only ever bought two new cars, and neither was a Christmas present! 

Esteemed Contributor

No, but I got one for Mother's Day!

Honored Contributor

I haven't, but I never really thought about it.  I like to choose my own stuff, especially with something big like a new car.   'Course, then I have to pay for it.   ha!   Smiley Surprised

Honored Contributor

I have never received a new car for Christmas but I can think of at least two occasions my father bought a new car for my mother (both convertibles) - big red bow included.  

Honored Contributor

No, but there’s a first time for everything!  (Though not this year, lol)

Respected Contributor

I did last year, sort of!  I took delivery of a 2017 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring in Sepia Bronze Metallic w/saddle brown leather interior on 12/19/16.....BUT, I had special ordered it back in late Sept. & the original delivery date was in  mid January of this year & it came in early & it was a From Me-To Me gift, so I paid for it myself (but I did pay cash, no car payment)  The only person who's ever bought me a new car is  ME !   lol