Contributor

Re: Anyone ever flown First Class?

I get pretty claustrophobic so to me it's very worth it! I can do an aisle seat if not flying first class but other than that, it's very hard for me to fly coach, even on short flights.

Honored Contributor

On 9/15/2014 lovemy5boys said:

I get pretty claustrophobic so to me it's very worth it! I can do an aisle seat if not flying first class but other than that, it's very hard for me to fly coach, even on short flights.

I just found out since I posted on Thursday that if you're claustrophobic, they'll let you 'pre-board' as they consider it a medical condition.

I can't even look at the back of an empty plane or all the people as they go past me I get nauseous!

Super Contributor

Anytime we fly overseas, we fly first class. They are always night flights and it's nice to be able to lay the seat down and sleep for several hours. We don't for flying within the continental US.

Respected Contributor

Once upon a time, a long, long time ago, Iberia was overbooked, so they put us upstairs in heaven class. On the return flight, we were at the front of the line, but they kept taking people behind us first. Finally they seated us. The last two seats in the tail. By the bathrooms. With everyone around us smoking. And partying and drinking. And throwing up. It was their perverse payback!
Respected Contributor

On 9/16/2014 Justice4all said: Once upon a time, a long, long time ago, Iberia was overbooked, so they put us upstairs in heaven class. On the return flight, we were at the front of the line, but they kept taking people behind us first. Finally they seated us. The last two seats in the tail. By the bathrooms. With everyone around us smoking. And partying and drinking. And throwing up. It was their perverse payback!

Once I was sitting in the last seat next to the lav. It was an early morning flight from Mexico. More than a few people looked liked they'd been partying all night. Both my seat and me were sprayed with vomit more than once. The flight was full and all I received was apologies. I wrote Mexicana when I got home and received 4 first class tickets good for 2 years.

Respected Contributor

Chuckle chuckle mutt mom. I'm impressed by your compensation! How did you use it?
Respected Contributor

On 9/16/2014 Justice4all said: Chuckle chuckle mutt mom. I'm impressed by your compensation! How did you use it?

My husband and I took 2 trips to Cancun in a 15 month period. It was great not having to pay airfare but Mexicana first class wasn't on par with Asian airlines' first class.

Respected Contributor

Mutt mom, luxurious. During our taxi ride from Cancun to Chichen Itza, our camera was stolen. The ruins were great though!
Respected Contributor

Thanks for all the responses. I would love to fly first class at least once in my life.

Respected Contributor

Yrs.I flew first class to Amsterdam. It was awesome.