Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone ever flown First Class?

On 9/10/2014 Qwackertoo said:

Years ago I did.

I have observed after a long overseas flight(s) . . . when exiting the cheap seats . . . the first class section looks like PIGS must have flown over in that cabin . . . really . . . messy, stuff all over the floor . . . trash, blankets, pillows, more trash . . . actually pretty bad . . . whereas the coach section is fairly orderly and neat. I actually felt bad for the poor employees who have to clean up that mess. I Wonder why so messy?

I fly both coach and business frequently and I haven't noticed this. I think the mess in coach might be harder to see because the seats are squeezed together so closely. On long trips, if I can work it out financially, I fly business. Sometimes the difference in price is thousands and I find it more difficult to upgrade in the last few years.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Frequent Contributor

Yes but I prefer coach. Unless I am bumped up. I have ran in to too many drunks and jerks in first class, and when it comes to business, I want left alone to go over my notes. Also it is just a petition door that separates it, big deal. I would rather save the company or myself money.

Honored Contributor

First class for a short jaunt is not worth the money. If it's a long flight, it's the only way to go.

Let's face it, both coach and first class land at the same time! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

BTW, I've flown in a private jet about 10 times, and that's BY FAR the best way to travel! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Valued Contributor

Yes we did once ,on our first trip to Hawaii. We were very pampered, booties for our feet and a warm wash cloth for our faces and hands. The food was quite good and if we could still travel I would do it again one more time.

Super Contributor

Yes. I think the extra cost is a total waste of money. chum
Valued Contributor

I think the extra cost is worth it! I like more space!! especially on a long flight.

Hey you, get off of my cloud...
Super Contributor

I was a travel agent back in the 70's and flew first class several times when I went on familiarization trips sponsored by airlines or wholesale travel/tour distributors. In today's economy however, I wouldn't pay the extra cost. It is very nice and you really get pampered, I'll say that.

Honored Contributor

On 9/10/2014 Tamn8r2 said: It makes me think of that Sienfeld episode where Jerry gets moved to First class and Elaine is stuck in coach....the line I remember is when the flight attendant asks Jerry, "more Anything?" And he responds.. " More EVERYTHING!!!!!!"

And Elaine was stuck with the kosher meal in Coach.

Esteemed Contributor

We've upgraded. Some short flights, but we could...so we did! Good times!!!

Keepin' it real.
Respected Contributor

On 9/10/2014 Issiestorm said:

I was a travel agent back in the 70's and flew first class several times when I went on familiarization trips sponsored by airlines or wholesale travel/tour distributors. In today's economy however, I wouldn't pay the extra cost. It is very nice and you really get pampered, I'll say that.

I worked for American Airlines in the 90s. The big treat then were the ice cream sundaes in first class. And the "fresh baked" cookies. Smiley Happy Funny, you'd think the free booze or other parts of the meal would be more popular. But no, it was the sundaes. And they were good. Smiley Happy I haven't flown American in years, but on United I've still gotten the cookies. Smiley Happy I think even first class has changed over the years, but it's still more comfortable.
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero