Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone else watching tornadic activity?

I'm in the St. Louis area, so we watch what is happening in the KC area.....we always have to be prepared that what you get will move across the state to us. Be safe.

Esteemed Contributor

Now that Memorial Day is over, the unpredictable tornadic activity may calm down. Tornado turned across state line and my city was out of trouble, but not so forunate for a city to the north.

A week ago tornado sirens blasted - tornado spotted half mile east and a mile south and thankful it rose and moved on.   

I'm hoping we won't have similar stories about hurricanes this year. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

We had an EF2 tornado confirmed here in our county in PA yesterday. (My brothers niece (on his wife's side) had her house wrecked. We were under tornado warning again today and had golf ball sized hail and strong thunder storms,flooded roads,  down trees and poles all in our county. Scary and we are not used to this in PA. Maybe once in a while one comes through, not like this  Again tomorrow more severe storms and probably another tornado warning! (I hope not!). I saw the damage out west too on the news. Devastating! Too many tornados already this year already, they are saying on the news.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Valued Contributor

I also live in Pa and had to take shelter in our basement today. The warning siren on my phone scared the he!! Out of me this afternoon. And yes more bad weather expected here tomorrow. Be safe!   Em

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I am lighting a blessed candle. Be safe everyone

@cherry   Your blessed candle did help us out this week!  Another thanks!  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner  I am so glad. Sometimes I also burn a bit of the palm fonds from Palm Sun, if I don't have a blessed candle.. It is an ancient Christian  practice, but ,it always seems to help a bit, I think

Be safe everyone

Respected Contributor

Im in SW Pa. We have have heavy rain, hail and thunderstorms for 4 days. My friend's house in under water. Waiting for the creek to recede to see what can be saved. Many roads are still closed in my county.

Esteemed Contributor

Stay safe everyone. In a few days I'll be getting hurricane supplies ready and go bags packed.

Trusted Contributor

ughhhh yes! had a tornado touch down not far from here on tuesday... than another bad storm last night... now another one later this afternoon into tonight.. this is crazy weather we're having!!  dont mind a good thunderstorm  but not the tornados!!!  i live in pa... over the last 3 days we must have got at least 4 inches of rain.... stay safe everyone

Esteemed Contributor

My nephew and his family live in the KC, Kansas area and it was close to their house on Tuesday.  We had tornados in our area on Monday.  I hate winter but after the spring we've had, I just may change my mind.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown