Honored Contributor

Anyone else think that Mary Nelson and Connie Craig Carroll sound alike?

I had QVC on in the background and heard who I thought was Connie Craig Carroll talking, it turned out to be Mary Nelson......I thought to myself, I thought I had QVC on not HSN , but to me they sound an awful lot alike........ 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone else think that Mary Nelson and Connie Craig Carroll sound alike?

Perhaps the tone but I've never heard Connie do the quivery voice nor uptick thing Mary does. 

Respected Contributor

Yes. It's probably because they're both from the south. Mary Nelson is from Kentucky and Connie Craig-Carroll is from Tennessee.

Honored Contributor

@Diva on The Q wrote:

Yes. It's probably because they're both from the south. Mary Nelson is from Kentucky and Connie Craig-Carroll is from Tennessee.

I definitely pick up on the southern accent, but their tone and actual voice sound a lot alike to me as well.

Respected Contributor

Mary makes mr change the channel.  I find her voice and speaking habits annoying.

Trusted Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I had QVC on in the background and heard who I thought was Connie Craig Carroll talking, it turned out to be Mary Nelson......I thought to myself, I thought I had QVC on not HSN , but to me they sound an awful lot alike........ 

They are sisters.

Esteemed Contributor

@MarthaStewardess wrote:

Mary makes mr change the channel.  I find her voice and speaking habits annoying.

I agree.  I have tried to watch her presentations but unfortunately can't get past the voice.  She seems to know her stuff and presents herself well until she opens her mouth. I think voice lessons would help her 

Respected Contributor

Not at all! I've heard Connie since before she was at HSN and Mary sounds nothing like her.