Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone else planning on winning the lottery

Me and eleven of my co-workers are planning on being the big winners.  If I win, several of my friends and all of my family will be winners too.

We'll get together and decide where we are all moving to - somewhere near the beach is my choice.

A list of charities will also be winners.  Those who help animals will be top of the list.

Best of luck everyone.....it only takes one $2 ticket!

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

@CLEM  Gosh dang it!  I was so hoping you wouldn't see this post!  

Honored Contributor

@cactusgal wrote:

death-facts-feature-660x330.jpg From what I hear, people have better odds of being killed my a vending Machine Woman LOL

Hope the one that kills me is filled with candy bars and snacks, at least I'll die happy.

Trusted Contributor

Yep I just went and bought 4 tickets, I usually never purchase them so I had to ask the cashier how much they cost.  I probably should heed the words my dad always told us kids, " That dollar is better spent in your pocket", makes me smile just hearing him say that in my mind sure do miss that man!!!!

Honored Contributor

@Misplaced Parisian wrote:

@Laura14 Ummm, yes...ME and about 20 other of my fellow commuters.  I take the bus to & from work.  It's an express with minimal stops coming in from suburbia to downtown.  This group has ridden the bus together for years.  We've all pitched in and will be buying tickets today.  Good Luck.

@Misplaced Parisian  Who will hold the tickets?  There are lawsuits where the person holding the tickets claims the winning ticket was purchased aside from the pool tickets.

Hopefully everyone signed the back(s) of the tickets and copies were distributed among all the participants.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

I'll be sending a singing telegram to my job

"I'm not working here no more, no more...I'm not working here no more...."

maybe I'll hire a entire choral group!

Honored Contributor

@Mary Bailey  You are so nice.  Take this Job and Shove it is on the top of my playlist.  

Respected Contributor

Bought two tickets.  I think I can deal with the "problems" of being fabulously wealthy !!!!!

Honored Contributor

Had a call from my neighbor across the hall a little while ago.  She said her DD purchased a ticket for her, and the numbers were chosen by her, not her DD.  She said something to the effect that if she did win the ticket, she would probably not get her SS any more.  I had to laugh at that.  Told her she wouldn't have to worry about not receiving the SS any more because the lottery prize would take care of her forever.  She is almost 80.  She laughed too.  

Honored Contributor

My DH and I were discussing winning the lottery last night.  He asked what's the first thing I would buy.

Funny...I couldn't think of anything.  But, I do know I would love to win.  There are some people I would help out for sure.