Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone else planning on winning the lottery

I have my Rolls on order and have talked to an agency about a chauffeur.  I've also called that goof that does the Lottery Mansion show on HGTV.  Tiffany's is chartering a private jet to pick me up for my visit to their New York store. 

Honored Contributor

Can you imagine 1 billion?  Say the government gets their half so you're down to half a billion but the FDIC still only insures your bank account up to $250,000. Now that's a problem!

Honored Contributor

@depglass  How much does the chaffeur job pay including bonuses and tips?  I may want one of those back up plans too.  Smiley LOL

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

As one math/statistics professsor at a local university was quoted as saying earlier this week,.........<<let's say YOU purchase one ticket, and I purchase NONE.  We both have the same chance of winning.>>

And then there is the story in today's metro Atlanta newspaper about the taxation consequences of winning...........more complicated than most people probably anticipate, and even depends on which state in which the winning ticket was purchased.

Honored Contributor

I thought about it.....and decided it was just too much money and the worries that come along with it....people bothering you. All the crazies ...having to have  a body guard where you go in case some one wants to kidnap you for ransom....and and on...

For all the good I could do with it, the bad things that came along with it and the change in my comfortable life now it just is not something I want or need. It is  just too much money and a whole lot of new problems come along with it. 

Right now I have  what I need....I pay my bills...all the food I need....I have  good health...I do not live in fear....I love my simple happy life!

I will not buy a ticket.

Valued Contributor

death-facts-feature-660x330.jpg From what I hear, people have better odds of being killed my a vending Machine Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@cactusgal  I'm gonna buy a few for my new home!  Smiley LOL

Respected Contributor

Yes, I do plan on winning. But, I'm not greedy. There should be enough to go around. Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

Get ready to party if you live or will buy a ticket in one of these states. 

According to Reader's Digest, the states with the most winners are:

1.  Indiana

2.  Missouri

3.  MInnesota

4.  Kentucky

5.  Pennsylvania

6.  Wisconsin

7.  Louisiana

8.  Arizona

9.  Kansas

10.  Washington, DC

11.  Florida

12.  Delaware

13.  Nebraska

14.  New Hampshire

15.  California

16.  Connecticut

17.  Iowa

18.  Rhode Island

19.  West Virginia

Respected Contributor

@Laura14  If you win, I want my dollar back.