Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone else planning on winning the lottery

@Pook  So all someone has to do to really tick you off is write a check with your name on it? Smiley Tongue

I am willing to struggle through the initial hurdles.  It will be tough and trying and there will be tears but there will be triumph and money!  

Esteemed Contributor

While I do plan on winning, as someone told me yesterday "If I don't win I hope someone who loves me very, very much does".  So there is a back-up plan.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy  Love that!  My family has always said if one wins we all win.  

Respected Contributor

DH & I were fantasizing last evening how we planned on gifting and spending if we happen to get lucky.  It wasn't long before we started to have a kerfuffle about how much to gift to relatives.  Its nice to dream.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@Pook  So all someone has to do to really tick you off is write a check with your name on it? Smiley Tongue

I am willing to struggle through the initial hurdles.  It will be tough and trying and there will be tears but there will be triumph and money!  

I don't quite understand this response since I never

said anything about being ticked off just that I won't be  playing since I don't want to win all that much and loose my privacy (which is inevitable since you can't keep it secret from everyone and word spreads even if you are in a state where you can remain anonomyous).  I said I'm happy and content with my life as it is and have no need to complicate my life.  You obviously feel differently and probably do many others.  I wouldn't mind winning several thousand dollars but anything above that I don't need or want.  We are all different and if that much money will bring you happiness - Good Luck!!

Just wanted to let you know no threat of having to share with me but if you do win and want to send me a check for several thousand, I won't be ticked off!!

Honored Contributor

@Pook  I was kidding with you that you might get very upset if someone gave you a bunch of money because you love your life.  You are very lucky to be so content and definitely have better priorities and goals.  Heart

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Laura14 wrote:

@FrostyBabe1  Island girl!  I can have sharks around you by noon.   I have my Upper West Side new digs at the ready plus my retreat in Iowa on standby. 

My first purchase will be a tissue box and a pamphlet on how to deal with grief for my employer when I tell them to kiss off.   

Hmmmm, no thanks to the Sharks. They're on the wrong coast. I was thinking of buying either the Lightning or maybe the Red Wings. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

@FrostyBabe1  My team is the Flyers.  If you can guarantee a Stanley Cup, I'll give them to you cheap.  

Valued Contributor

To be honest, I think I'd be scared to win that much money. I'd like some tho! I always thought that if I won anything (the few times I've bought a ticket) that I would give some money to homeless shelters, humane society, school lunch program, and various other places who needed help. Of course, most of my family would benefit also. There are a few exceptions to that rule LOL. I always thought it would be awesome to give a gift bag at Christmas to some family members with a note that said "Your mortgage is paid in full" and here is several thousands just for fun

cookin

Respected Contributor

It’s nearing ONE BILLION DOLLARS

Related image