Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone else looking forward to the fresh start of the new year?

Yes, I make resolutions. It's really more like setting goals. Of course, eating healthy and getting enough exercise and rest are always on the list. This year, I've got getting a puppy, restructuring my job, and a few other personal items on the list. One is to worry less and enjoy each day more. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Trusted Contributor

I plan to try new things. Something out of my comfort zone. My youngest sister passed away in October and I want to appreciate and enjoy every day of life, one day at a time.
Trusted Contributor

I have two goals this year:

1. Get the baby weight off -- I had my second child in three years in April and now I'm determined to get back to my old self. I've been unhappy with the way I look. I'm feeling motivated to get back on track -

2. Buy a new house - We've been talking about moving to the school district where I teach (or somewhere close to it). My commute with 2 little ones each morning is taking it's toll on all of us. Looking forward to a fresh start somewhere new!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Honestly, I couldn't care less... Bottom line, just another new page on the calendar. The days of seeing New Years as a 'fresh start' are long gone... The reality is that the only thing that's changed is the date... by one day.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...