Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone else listen to podcasts?

@Lakelife62 @Thanks again. I have enjoyed them and learned a few things! I'm so glad you recommended this podcast. I have shared with a few friends! I did cry a few times. Funny thing: I never thought I was a big history buff but, I just may be!😊

Valued Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

I might have listened to podcasts at work before I retired. Now, they just put me to sleep. 

So funny you say that podcasts put you to sleep same here, I ask Alexa to play one usually the latest one and few hours later if I wake up I hear they are playing one from many  months ago. I  must have  dozed right  off  because I don't remember anything from the latest podcast, better then melatonin for falling asleep.I can never fall asleep listening to television or counting sheep,who knew podcasts was the answer.

Respected Contributor

I listen when I walk the dog.  He is older, likes to dawdle along, sniff a lot, and it gives me more patience with him.  I just listen to newsy and political podcasts mostly, but I'm glad to note some suggestions here.

Respected Contributor

@Lakelife62 Hi! I just wanted to tell you I enjoyed the John meecham podcasts. I listened all week and wrapped up the series yesterday! I am in sales and I drive and fly so I really enjoy a good podcast!

Trusted Contributor

@Franklinbell wrote:

@Lakelife62 Hi! I just wanted to tell you I enjoyed the John meecham podcasts. I listened all week and wrapped up the series yesterday! I am in sales and I drive and fly so I really enjoy a good podcast!

Hi! That is exactly how I got into podcasts...because I was in sales and spent so much time on trains, planes and automobiles. I've taken a job in administration this year, but I still have the podcast habit....listening to This American Life in my office right now- What I Was Thinking While I Was Sinking. The entire series is stellar. You might like some of the episodes which cover loads of subjects.

Loved all of John's episodes, but i have to say the speeches that moved me the most were King's, Obama's and Meghan McCain. I bawled my eyes out during Meghan's.

Thanks for checking in to let me know you've finished and loved It Was Said!