Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone else listen to podcasts?

[ Edited ]

@GenXmuse 
I love Rhett and Link. 🤣 Watch them on YouTube.

Respected Contributor

@spumoni99 @I started with that one also! I'm always looking for new ones as well.  I like the following; true crime and cocktails, body bags, criminal broads (older but still interesting) I'll be checking back for other suggestions!

Esteemed Contributor

(thread title)

@spumoni99 

Not me. DVR and music

hckynut(john)🥅🏒 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I'd like to listen to more, but for some reason "listening",  as opposed to reading, gets me restless after awhile, no matter who it is.   Unless I'm intending to go to sleep, then it's soothing.

My only podcast right now is Hugh Hewitt.  He keeps me up to date--  he knew all about Covid, and the threat it would pose, way before anyone, before it was on any other media's radar.  He's staid, but plugged in, in surprising ways.  He covers subjects I wouldn't seek out on my own, like naval readiness, with regular, returning experts like Admiral Stavridis.  He's super-prepared, reads every inch of the books of authors he brings on, and gives them space to explain themselves.   Has amusing, polymath tendencies.

And he's calm.   

Honored Contributor

I see "podcasts" mentioned all the time, but am still not sure where you actually find them .... on peoples' websites?

Honored Contributor

I might have listened to podcasts at work before I retired. Now, they just put me to sleep. 

Trusted Contributor

@Tinkrbl44   You can listen on your phone or computer or tablet. I listen on my IPhone at work. They have a podcast app. I just add the podcasts I want to listen to and follow. On my home computer I listen on the SiriusXM app or the I Heart Radio website. 

I do not pay for any podcasts. 

There are subscriptions from many podcasts if you chose to do that. I do not. There are many podcasts to listen to without paying. 

Some of the podcasts do have websites where you can also listen. 

I hope this helps.    

Respected Contributor

@Lakelife62 @Hi! Thanks for the recommendation on the John Meecham podcast. I listen to a few episodes and I really liked them.  

Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

(thread title)

@spumoni99 

Not me. DVR and music

hckynut(john)🥅🏒 🇺🇸

@hckynutjohn Think of it this way.  It's what we used to call "radio."Woman Frustrated

Trusted Contributor

@Franklinbell wrote:

@Lakelife62 @Hi! Thanks for the recommendation on the John Meecham podcast. I listen to a few episodes and I really liked them.  

I have to tell you many of them made me cry. Such a great series and I'm so glad you enoyed!